Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Split the NL forums again?

[ QUOTE ]
I think it should definitely be 1/2-3/6

[/ QUOTE ]

is anyone even oppposed to creating this middle forum? if not then lets do it..
Old 11-30-2005, 06:05 AM

I posted about this in the moderators forum and directed everyone to check out this thread but I didn't get any response.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:58 AM

Thanks for posting there. If we keep this thread alive, I assume someone will take notice eventually.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:43 PM

I am in complete agreement that a further split is needed.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:51 PM

Hey,

I haven't really been keeping up with this thread, though I probably should be. I don't really think a split is necessary the way it was for the limit forums, but then again, we can put up a vote and ask Mat if everyone wants it. Is small stakes getting out of hand? I feel like MHNL for the most part has been pretty good, I've started becoming a little more selective in terms of moving certain posts to ssnl, but otherwise I feel like everyone is doing a great job and some threads have fantastic discussion.... you guys still feel like it's too cluttered?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

I haven't really been keeping up with this thread, though I probably should be. I don't really think a split is necessary the way it was for the limit forums, but then again, we can put up a vote and ask Mat if everyone wants it. Is small stakes getting out of hand? I feel like MHNL for the most part has been pretty good, I've started becoming a little more selective in terms of moving certain posts to ssnl, but otherwise I feel like everyone is doing a great job and some threads have fantastic discussion.... you guys still feel like it's too cluttered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, small stakes is too cluttered.

KoW
Old 11-30-2005, 01:04 PM

Hi AZK,

Part of what I personally feel, and I've seen others express as well, is that the mid-limit posts do not get the same respect and consideration as the high-limit stuff does. When I post a hand, and someone replies that I'm a retard or that it's standard, than this has absolutely no value for me at all. And after one reply like this, I have found that it pretty much kills the thread.

It seems like many of the high-limit players are not in favor of a split. This makes sense because their needs are being met. Most of the mid-limit players are in favor because their needs are not.

Please understand that I am not saying that I don't want advice from high limit players. Of course I do, and any thoughtful response from any player is always viewed as a gift. There are many excellent and helpful high-limit players here. But I think what happens is that the more "interesting" high-limit hands get all the attention.

Anyway, I think that's basically the argument FOR splitting. If anyone has anything to add, please jump in.

BTW, I'm glad this is on your radar now. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

[/ QUOTE ]

small stakes is too cluttered, and there needs to be a better place for 2/4 and 3/6 posts. even if they were addressed properly in SSNL, it would still be too crowded.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like many of the high-limit players are not in favor of a split.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it splits:

small -- .50/$1 and below
mid -- 1/2 to 4/8
high -- 5/10 and up

..it doesn't affect MHNL anyway. They would stay the same and SSNL would split in two.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like many of the high-limit players are not in favor of a split. This makes sense because their needs are being met. Most of the mid-limit players are in favor because their needs are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I won't post my 400nl hands in small stakes because the advice you get is not relevant. I've posted a few 600nl hands in mid-high and barely got any replies, although I totally conceed that the hands may not have been that interesting.

Basically I don't feel I have a place to post my 400/600nl hands so I don't post any hands.
Closed Thread