Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Conversation I had with a Party VIP Rep

After a series of emails where I got sent a form letter that didn't answer my question, complained vehemently and got sent an appology, then got the same form letter in the same email chain (all emails still in the message as it was all replies), a Party rep called me on my cell phone (which I did not even know they had, I must have used it in a cash out at some point.

Here are some things he said and I made sure through the conversation that I understood them correctly. They may not all be accurate, but there was no misunderstanding about what was being said.

<ul type="square"> [*] The Thanksgiving offer was the only VIP offer to ANYONE this month[*] Some people had raked hand offers, but these people were not previously part of the players club (MicroBob feel free to chime in here)[*] All offers after this month will be strictly in terms of Party Points[/list]
I told him their system of individually tailoring bonuses for so many players was horrid (duh). Maybe they will make a purely point based reward system that does not depend on history, or at least only gives additional bonuses if you consistently meet some criteria.

I'm probably screwed though since I haven't given Party too much action this month, and frankly probably wont give them as much as normal because I am so pissed at their horrible customer service. (For one thing I was told I would be getting an offer that was retro active to the beginning of the month, that's how this whole encounter started).

One thing the rep said that made me laugh (inside, not to his face) was that they were having some teething issues, but they did not just come up with their plan without a lot of thought. I sincerely hope for the Party Shareholders that the VIP program to date does not constitute a well thought out plan for Party.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Conversation I had with a Party VIP Rep

Bump.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:12 PM

i just got off my cell phone with a VIP rep. i have been emailing them since the beginning of November. They said next month they would be basing my bonus on Party Points but this month they were doing raked hands. My deal was 22000 raked hands for 230 dollars. (i play 6max NL) Pretty bad really, but better than nothing. The VIP rep assured me that i would receive a new points based offer in December which would reflect my play in Novemeber. there was also mention of other VIP perks but i really wasnt paying attention. (oh yea, among other things he said more frequent points for cash payouts, but i have never done one of these so if anybody could elaborate it would be great.) All in all it is a half hearted effort at best considering i had to threaten to change sites just to get them to call me. o well.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:42 PM

i just got a call today, they wouldnt respond to mmy e mails, but they called me promptly, i was away didnt recognize the number and didnt think much of it, they didnt leave a message or respond to a second e mail, just got a call today, offered $750 for 20k raked hands, .0375 per raked hand...meh, whatever its free money.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 AM

How long did it take you to get a response from the VIP team? I've emailed then 4 days ago with no response, then emailed them 2 days ago with still no response.

Ponks
Old 11-17-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

# The Thanksgiving offer was the only VIP offer to ANYONE this month

[/ QUOTE ]

Well..this is obviously incorrect.
Lots of players rteceived VIP-club offers for raked-hands.

I have two offers outstanding now...because I think my first offer didn't get into the system properly or something.
But I know they still have it because when I didn't get paid for October and had to e-mail them my rep told me in the e-mail that I have a November offer of $1250 for 30k hands (I guess I'm one of the few to have e-mail confirmation of their offers).

I responded that I'm looking forward to clearing that goal in November. At least I have the e-mail FROM THEM to prove that I have a better offer on the table.

I'm actually a little concerned now that they sent me this other offer...because it appears that it was just a mistake...but I don't want to lose the better offer.

This offer is for $200 for 9k points or something like that.

Again..if they want to pay me twice then that would be dandy.
But I somehow doubt this will happen.

My hunch is that they'll give me $200 on Dec 5...and I'll have to play e-mail tag with them all over against to get the rest of the money (another $1050) that I was promised (on more than one occasion.

If I get a really crappy party-points offer for next month then I'll be sure to tell them that it is not worth my time.

If the offers don't get better then they're going to force me to consider alternatives. Simple as that.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:47 AM

I received my free T-shirt and bag. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 02:02 PM

Every day I think less and less of Party. In October I got a nice offer. In fact, now having read all the posts the past 6 weeks, I got an excellent offer (10 cents a hand). However, I guess to make up for that offer, I still have no offer for November.

Repeated emails from me have been responded to with two form letters - Letter "A" says sorry, the offers are only for special VIP customers, and letter "B" says congratulations on being a VIP member. FWIW, I've never been called by Party.

Hardly a brain to work with there I guess..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How long did it take you to get a response from the VIP team? I've emailed then 4 days ago with no response, then emailed them 2 days ago with still no response.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

They were really quick with sending responses, though the responses they sent really just pissed me off. After my second complaint about the form letter where I basically said the fraction of my online action that I give to party was probably going to drop, I had a call on my cell phone within a couple of hours I would say. Apparently they called my house and my wife gave them my cell phone.