Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Amusing AKs hand

Bet/call because you like money and hate getting three bet on a checkraise (if it even gets bet).

Nice hand by the way. I bet the flop WAY too many times in these situations.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

agree with the others

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreed with what previous posters had said, what's to be confused about?

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole point of grunching is to not read other replies before posting.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah well besides that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I know I know, I screwed up on that part, but already had it in my head what my thoughts were.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting is bankroll suicide. Even if UTG cooperates and raises, there are a large number of draws out there for the other players to have, and I don't expect to get heads up with the whole family involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

B/R suicide - meh. Even if UTG doesn't "cooperate" what is the risk? You're still paying 1 SB to see the turn when you check/call. Am I being results-oriented? I don't think so - isn't an unknown, likely passive 1/2 player much more likely to bet when checked to than he is to raise a flop bet from a PFR who raised 4 limpers from the BB? If UTG does cooperate and raise, do we care much if gutshots call? Is it not worth "maybe" risking 1 SB in a big pot to "maybe" fold a reverse dominating hand?
Old 11-06-2005, 12:23 AM

You have to bet this river. The board is paired and the 3rd diamond came in. You risk UTG checking it down. This is what we're waiting for.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:29 AM

With this many players in the hand the turn bet isn't as a semi-bluff, it's for value.

[ QUOTE ]
The turn is pretty easy after you see how the flop went down. Betting as a semi-bluff is bad as I almost certainly won't take it down, I'd be unhappy if LAGgy raised me, and it's basically a stupid thing to do in a multiway pot.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-06-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With this many players in the hand the turn bet isn't as a semi-bluff, it's for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has value if everyone calls. You're taking a very big risk with lagtastic on your left.
You could put an argument in for a checkraise if everyone was to call after lag bets.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn is pretty easy after you see how the flop went down. Betting as a semi-bluff is bad as I almost certainly won't take it down, I'd be unhappy if LAGgy raised me, and it's basically a stupid thing to do in a multiway pot.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no where near enough action on any street to think that someone filled up on the river. I think you've got the best hand here 99% of the time.

I don't really matter whether Lag bets or not. You have to do the betting here.

The 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hit enough hands here that there's a good chance it might get back to you raised anyway.

IN SHORT: Donkarooonnnnnnneeeyyyyy
Old 11-06-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Betting is bankroll suicide. Even if UTG cooperates and raises, there are a large number of draws out there for the other players to have, and I don't expect to get heads up with the whole family involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

B/R suicide - meh. Even if UTG doesn't "cooperate" what is the risk? You're still paying 1 SB to see the turn when you check/call. Am I being results-oriented? I don't think so - isn't an unknown, likely passive 1/2 player much more likely to bet when checked to than he is to raise a flop bet from a PFR who raised 4 limpers from the BB? If UTG does cooperate and raise, do we care much if gutshots call? Is it not worth "maybe" risking 1 SB in a big pot to "maybe" fold a reverse dominating hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking about it wrong. The point of betting was to hope UTG raises and shuts everyone else out. But then you're putting in two bets on this street. Check-calling one bet is half the price, and check-folding if it's bet and raised before it gets to you is a beautiful thing.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:08 AM

I would c/r. If you donk everyone may just fold the river UI believing you have the third 9.

I feel you gain more hoping someone either improved or tries to bluff.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check-calling one bet is half the price,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really agree with betting this flop, but if you were to bet it would be for hand protection in a growing pot. So check/calling one bet is just 1 SB, but if you succeed in protecting your hand here you may win a few pots that you would have lost otherwise, so it's not just "half the price." There are other considerations as well.