Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Easy push?

This is a $30 multi on Party. There were 450 entrants and it's down to 140 or so. I'm sucking wind, as usual. I've doubled up twice from the resperator to about 1000. It's just after the first break so I think we are at 100/200.

I'm the BB, and get QQ. UTG with perhaps t7000 makes is 750 I believe and there's one caller (prolly t6000 I believe).

Do I push? Obviously they will both call. So do I leave myself a tiny escape hatch? The flop of course is AKx and I'm up against AK and AQ if memory serves. The last A comes on the turn of course. Do I have to go all in on the flop anyway?

I play mostly limit, so feel free and point out the obvious.

Thanks,
Fudo
Old 01-07-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Easy push?

Very easy push.

-Magnus
Old 01-07-2005, 05:25 AM

Well, one way or another all your chips are going in the middle. You can push pre-flop or call and push on the flop no matter what cards fall(a stop and go). You're probably dead if an Ace hits the flop, and I highly doubt that you'll get even either of these guys to fold when you push on the flop, so I'd just re-raise all-in pre-flop.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:10 AM

The bet ahead of our guy was 750 with him holding 1000, so a stop-n-go is clearly out of the question.

This is pretty much an auto push here although you're likely walking into at best a coin flip and at worst a totally dominated hand.

Your stack size at this point doesn't give you many options. However, if I read any one of the two guys in front of you as solid and you're still far from the blinds and your table isn't playing loosey goosey, then I might consider folding the queens. But of course, that's a lot of ifs.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:36 AM

Old 01-07-2005, 10:53 AM

Easy push.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:02 AM

A horrible situation, esp now we know what they had and the flop.. Your in trouble with this hand and u havent got the chips to withstand a loss so u only have 2 options, fold or go all in. Calling the 750 is the best play for your opponents so never do that.
In any normal situation I would say go all in with your QQ.
Your only callers will have a made pair or A + a picture most of the time. As a poster mentioned your on a coin flip but you only have 1k and you need chips at this point so taking a chance here (esp as you are ahead) is the best play, sooo finally PUSH and pray.

Dawdy
Old 01-07-2005, 11:07 AM

For the people who think he is probably beat here...well..I dont know what you think standard raising hands for a big stack are but man...

This is an auto auto push...Id probably push with 2K..with 1K THERE ISNT EVEN A DOUBT. I dont care if 3 people push in front of you.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:31 AM

unquestionable push preflop.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:07 PM

Push push push. You're getting 2 to 1 on your money, you're almost certainly no worse off (and probably much better) than even on the cards and you don't have enough left for an effective stop and go.