Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: British Airways

I have flown over the Atlantic many times. All of the American carriers have stopped serving in coach for free, but both Air France and BA still serve. When it comes down to it, even though foreign carriers will generally cost you 50-100 extra round trip, it is WELL worth the expense (couple more inches of foot room, better food, better blankets/pillows, blindfold, real headphones, etc.)
Old 08-17-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have flown over the Atlantic many times. All of the American carriers have stopped serving in coach for free, but both Air France and BA still serve. When it comes down to it, even though foreign carriers will generally cost you 50-100 extra round trip, it is WELL worth the expense (couple more inches of foot room, better food, better blankets/pillows, blindfold, real headphones, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

nice. ive never flown transatlantic before. sounds like i wont be too uncomfortable
Old 08-17-2005, 06:36 PM

Yep, non US airlines pwn US airlines.

Air NZ, QANTAS, Air Canada, British Airways, all pretty damn good to me in the last few years.

Malaysian airlines was awesome when I flew with them 10 years ago.

I flew United internationally once - they sucked ass. Also flown AA from LA to Vancouver, and that bit.

Ultimately, Eastern US to London is a short hop. Wait till you fly London to Auckland - then you'll appreciate that air travel is the devil.