Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Friends colluding

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way in hell I'd turn them in. Though we're not very close I consider at least one of them to be a pretty good friend. Loyalty supercedes do-gooding. I suppose my OP was pointless, there's not really much I can do. It is a rather upsetting situation though.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

So, how long have you been colluding with yer buds? Why are you wanting out of the group now? Did you really think there was a way to get out of it without getting caught yourself?

Too bad I don't know what site and 2 names. The whole gang would go down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you misunderstood or if this is your best attempt at being an ass. I've never cheated at anything in my life. Except strip poker.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't miss a thing. 1) you know people are colluding. 2) you say you can't do anything about it 3) "loyalty" to a group of casual friends supercedes doing what is right 4) it's upsetting to you.

It isn't that you can't do anything, but you WON'T do anything. Why would that be? Right, you don't want to risk your bankroll because you know when the site does a check on the accounts you'll pop up.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't miss a thing. 1) you know people are colluding. 2) you say you can't do anything about it 3) "loyalty" to a group of casual friends supercedes doing what is right 4) it's upsetting to you.

It isn't that you can't do anything, but you WON'T do anything. Why would that be? Right, you don't want to risk your bankroll because you know when the site does a check on the accounts you'll pop up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn straight. The OP is passively colluding by standing by and doing nothing.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's your obligation as a member of society to help society police itself. Every time a cheater does not get caught because someone is unwilling to report it, society is harmed -- and the cheaters will go on to inspire other potential cheaters.

You need to report these cheaters for the sake of the suckers they cheated. . . just as you need OTHER people to report the cheaters who suckered you, even if you don't know it happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly! How can you be the first person to say this?

Phoenix, if you knew some of us knew people who were colluding in the games you play, you'd be outraged if we decided not to report them. This is no different, report the cheaters that you know. Nothing particularly bad can even happen to them, they won't be arrested, they won't get a criminal record, they won't be ostracised in their jobs or in the community because they're seen as criminals, they'll just have their (stolen) account balance confiscated. I wouldn't consider this "ratting" on your friends at all.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Drinking and driving is much more serious, who calls the cops on their friends as they leave the bar?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:04 PM

Sorry, I don't mean to dig this thread back up, I've been offline since yesterday. But I find it hard to let this stand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am convinced that the only thing you took away from this whole deal is to never again post about the exploints of your cheating friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you talking about? How are you convincing yourself of anything, and what on Earth are you basing it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy. What convinced me was your response to the many who told you to report the cheaters. You wanted validation for your decision to not turn them in and you got pretty defensive when it turned out differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, you're a moron. My only response to people who told me to turn them in was that I was not going to. Find a single post where I responded to someone telling me to turn them in and I said anything else. When did I get defensive about turning them in? My first defensive post was a response to someone who was saying that my friends reflect badly upon me. My second defensive post was a response to someone claiming that I was cheating with my friends. My third defensive post was a response to an offensive post in which the other moron incorrectly claimed to know what my motivations were, in addition to calling me a douchebag. My fourth defensive post was a response to your idiocy. And hopefully this is my final one. The best lesson I learned from this is that I need to use the ignore function.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And anyway, what lesson do you think this thread was supposed to teach me? Cheating is wrong (except when my buddies do it), thanks chief, I'll keep that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you find any place in this entire thread where I said that there's nothing wrong with my friends cheating, then maybe this 'FYP' makes sense. Unfourtunately, you'll find much to the contrary. Now go away.

-Phoenix
Old 08-15-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way in hell I'd turn them in. Though we're not very close I consider at least one of them to be a pretty good friend. Loyalty supercedes do-gooding. I suppose my OP was pointless, there's not really much I can do. It is a rather upsetting situation though.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

So, how long have you been colluding with yer buds? Why are you wanting out of the group now? Did you really think there was a way to get out of it without getting caught yourself?

Too bad I don't know what site and 2 names. The whole gang would go down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you misunderstood or if this is your best attempt at being an ass. I've never cheated at anything in my life. Except strip poker.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. You got me detective. My conscience got to me, but I didn't want to give myself away to a bunch of strangers who have no idea who I am, so I made up a story to protect myself. My ignore list grows.

Edit: By the way, I've never played on the site that they're playing on, much less have a bankroll there.

-Phoenix
Old 08-15-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's your obligation as a member of society to help society police itself. Every time a cheater does not get caught because someone is unwilling to report it, society is harmed -- and the cheaters will go on to inspire other potential cheaters.

You need to report these cheaters for the sake of the suckers they cheated. . . just as you need OTHER people to report the cheaters who suckered you, even if you don't know it happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly! How can you be the first person to say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the Platonic argument that Radek was bumbling around. MentalNomad's is by far the best post in this thread. Zimbuthemonkey's hypothetical represents the other side of my situation well.

I've talked to my friends about it. Situation handled. We can let this thread die for good now.

-Phoenix
Old 08-15-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. You got me detective. My conscience got to me, but I didn't want to give myself away to a bunch of strangers who have no idea who I am, so I made up a story to protect myself. My ignore list grows.

Edit: By the way, I've never played on the site that they're playing on, much less have a bankroll there.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, THAT is funny...and it explains your lack of concern for cheating. You're either the clumsiest liar in the world or you made this whole story up and can't seem to extricate yourself. Perhaps calling people names will help.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, THAT is funny...and it explains your lack of concern for cheating. You're either the clumsiest liar in the world or you made this whole story up and can't seem to extricate yourself. Perhaps calling people names will help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps the fact that there are many dozens of poker sites out there, coupled with the fact that I've only played at five of the large ones, and the fact that I said this was a smaller site, makes it not the least bit implausible that I haven't played at this particular site? Do you play at all the same sites as all of your friends? Oh but this explanation doesn't fit with your guideline that there are only two possibilities. Sorry for making sense. Keep grasping at straws.

My lack of concern for cheating is certainly permeating throughout this thread. I must have said that I don't care about cheating at least five times. Your ability to make things up and use them in arguments is impressive but it won't get you anywhere. Perhaps accusing me of the same will help.

The story is true. I'm honestly having a ton of trouble figuring out what motivation one would have to fabricate it, or what possible reason I could have for lying about anything to a bunch of strangers. Furthermore, the story has ended. Let it go.

-Phoenix
Old 08-15-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 100% sure that these guys wouldn't steal from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol