Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Off-Topic : Final hand in my Las Vegas trip

I know it is off-topic, but this is the only board I read/post. Sorry.

$1/$2 $50 min-max NL Holdem at the Luxor. I am the SB with $150 and holding KK. 3 limpers, I make it $6 to go (typical raise was to $10-$12, but I thought I could induce a re-raise by the Extremely LAG (Although played well post-flop) in the BB. Uncharacteristically, he smooth calls. fold, fold, re-raise to $15. YES. I call, BB re-raises to $30. Folded to me. I push. LAGGY (The nickname I have been calling him for the last 7 hours) thinks a while. He asks "What could you have there?". I did my best to convince him to call, figuring he must have a pair higher than 8-8.

Finally, he says to me "You aren't going to like this, but I'm going to tell you anyway: You may have me tied, but you don't have me beat.".

He calls and shows A-A!

The dealer says "Kings have been hot tonight.", and pulls 3 cards off the top. When he turns them face up, everyone can see that the top card is a King, and the table goes wild (everyone wanted LAGGY to be taken down). The dealer spreads the cards across the table, and (of course) the bottom card is an Ace!

The table is freaking out. The dealer says "another King makes a Jackpot!"

No jackpot...just a long flight home.

Hope you enjoyed this hand as much as I did [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

--Casey
Old 07-13-2004, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Off-Topic : Final hand in my Las Vegas trip

oh the slow-roll how much you love to hate it.