Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: 20/40 AJs Borgata

I don't very much mind calling the three bet, as MP2's raise could mean anything and you are probably calling with AJ from late position anyway.

As for the flop, I don't mind the 3-bet as long as you keep in mind that: a. early position player probably doesn't know mp2 is tilting; b. that you probably want to slow down on the turn depending on how early position player reacts to your 3-bet. In other words, unless early pos. player folds or takes a hell of a long time to make a call, your hand range for him could be narrowed down to AK-AQ, KK-JJ, most hands that are ahead of you for the moment. If player knows that you know that MP2 is on tilt, this is a different story. But, I don't think you have that much info to work with.

You're re-raise on the turn is ill-advised. I'm folding at this point. Even if UTG knows that MP2 is on tilt, his re-raise after you called MP2 is basically saying "I know you are committed and I have you beat, so I'll let MP2 do the betting for me and then I'll get in another bet." He doesn't want to scare off MP2, who may say "[censored] IT" and go have a beer. He doesn't want to scare you off by betting out. Yeah, now is the time to fold.

You save yourself one bet on the turn and as many as two on the river by folding now. Time to cut your losses.

All things considered, I don't think you can get away from this hand on the river. I'd probably call here, wince, and then silently curse out Mr. tilter, who made this hand so much more expensive than it should have been.

Argun
Old 12-12-2005, 03:47 PM

Wow this is really bad. You put in WAY too much money. Your flop play is fine, but I am dumping this on the turn. There is absolutely no way you are ahead on the river if UTG is even somewhat reasonable.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow this is really bad. You put in WAY too much money. Your flop play is fine, but I am dumping this on the turn. There is absolutely no way you are ahead on the river if UTG is even somewhat reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't dump TP+nutFD on the turn.

Rob
Old 12-12-2005, 04:41 PM

DOH, MY BAD! Didnt see he had nut flush draw. Yikes. Sorry, hate wasting post space. Wow. Just call the turn, call re-raise. Probably can't get away from this on the river either.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:06 PM

Didnt see the flush draw, sorry. Obv. he has to see the river, but a fold is in order even with the 2 pair.