Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 02:35 AM

Default final table facing overbet with TPGK

empire $100.

down to 3-handed. prizes are 1100, 1570, 2700.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (3 handed) converter

BB (t36439)
Hero (t37858)
SB (t25703)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2000</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t1200.

Flop: (t4400) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t2700</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t5400</font>, Hero calls t2700.

Turn: (t15200) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB pushes 29039. hero?

villain probably sees me as aggro. we just started 3-handed ~15 hands ago, and i've stolen his BB from the button several times. if he's been paying attention, he's seen me bet-fold a few times while there were more players.

villain has been on the tight side. he gave me 3 walks in the BB over the course of the final table, and except for one hand, he hasn't done anything really weird. on that hand, a short stack SB min raised, villain min 3-bets with 72s, and the PC'ed SB pushes. this was when there were ~7 left at the FT, btw.

his pre-flop raises and bets post-flop have been somewhat abnormally large, but i haven't seen him overbet anything like this.

incidentally, anyone know how to turn off chat, or at least observer chat? the railbirds were kind of obnoxious while i was thinking.

edit: snappier title
Old 08-28-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Re: final table hand

if you right-click the chat box, there should be an option to "turn off viewer chat"
Old 08-28-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: final table hand

eh, I'd call. Of course I would need to observe this guy to feel OK with the call...
[ QUOTE ]
incidentally, anyone know how to turn off chat, or at least observer chat? the railbirds were kind of obnoxious while i was thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
you can make this setting in the little chat box "no player chat"
Old 08-28-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: final table facing overbet with TPGK

what did you put him on when he raised you on the flop? my gut tells me he probably has a flush draw (and maybe a straight draw by the turn) and is pushing the turn as a semi-bluff. if he has a set or even two-pair, he's playing it absolutely horribly. if your image is aggro, shouldn't he be slowplaying and trapping you?

i'd call.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:06 AM

I think I'd redouble to 10800 on the flop, and be ready to toss it if he doesn't back off. If he just calls then proceed with caution, but if he shoves over the top.... well, hats off to him. The problem is that your bet on the flop did not show strength really, considering how often you do it. And when he doubles and you call, you are yet to define your hand really. If you repop to 11k then the hand gets clearer. This guy isn't tricky and isn't going to try to push you off the KQ that you're representing unless you're already smoked.

In the given hand how you played it, I toss that hand on the turn to this seeminly weak tightish pretty straightforward player. The turn put two 2 flushes and a 3 straight on board, so he isnt f***ing around and wants to shove any possible draw the hell out. I don't think he's doing this with QT or 99 or a pure bluff. I think it reeks of a Q7ish two pair or set of 4s that wants the pot settled NOW (or you to call off a ton of chips with a worse hand). At worst he's on a big draw. Against this guy, I'd be outright shocked to see him do this with a worse hand.

That's my take.

Kings
Old 08-29-2005, 10:36 AM

bump for the weekday crowd
Old 08-29-2005, 10:50 AM

I absolutely hate your flop call. I really think this is a reraise/fold situation on the flop, and on this board 3 handed I'm reraising every time.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely hate your flop call. I really think this is a reraise/fold situation on the flop, and on this board 3 handed I'm reraising every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? if i push now, i'm going to lose hands like 88 or AJ that are drawing very thin. i think i have way too much hand to fold to the c/r. i've been aggro enough that villain could have a wide range here. my plan was to push a blank turn and make a decision if the flush card got there.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:52 AM

Call it.

If he had AK, he would have reraised PF.
If he has a set, he's playing this offly weird. Maybe he's trying to protect against a possible flush draw, but not likely.

You should have reraised the flop.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:19 PM

are you really considering a fold? Autocall...