Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Internet Kansas City Lowball Rumors.

Found this mildly interesting so thought I'd share.

As told by some kids playing small stakes TD tonight that Full Tilt is rumored to have No Limit 2-7 in the works on their site, although it may not go through because supposedly the WSOP event wasnt even taped this year so who knows.

Real reliable, I know. I dont think NL 27 games would last very long though.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Internet Kansas City Lowball Rumors.

This would be awesome, I love regular 2-7 lowball. I think they would offer A-5, 2-7, and triple draw though instead of just making one game.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:05 PM

i think full tilt needs to offer triple draw before they offer kc lowball. if they offered horse or preferably hose or player picked mixed games, i would play there a lot more often. on one of the cardplayer videos mike matusow said that full tilt was going to offer higher limits and other things so this might be one of them.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on one of the cardplayer videos mike matusow said that full tilt was going to offer higher limits and other things so this might be one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible they'll add NL 2-7, but I have a feeling it will be because they feel they could get higher limits going.

Anyone that reads a quick overview of the game will be destroying people that decide to give the game a first try. It'll be very hard to get a player base going.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible they'll add NL 2-7, but I have a feeling it will be because they feel they could get higher limits going.

Anyone that reads a quick overview of the game will be destroying people that decide to give the game a first try. It'll be very hard to get a player base going.

[/ QUOTE ]

full tilt has a decent player base for razz, not just people trying it out, which i didn't think could ever happen. they could attract a lot of new players.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:47 PM

The big difference with KC is most players who try it out will QUICKLY go broke, as opposed to TD or razz where poor players get bled dry over a longer period, allowing the games to last longer (although bad players can rip through a stack real quick at TD).

I think after a while it'd be the few remaining players who know what theyre doing with the occasional drop in from a bored gambler.

Not to say I don't want it to happen, with the draw engine in place they'd probably add TD.

As you mentioned, if they make a HORSE, HOSE, or dealers choice game that had TD in it, I'd be in heaven. It's a shame only games grid has dealers choice so far.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:48 PM

I was talking to Seidel, and he said that he thought TD was in the works. I mentioned the fact that FTP would have to go through some interface changes due to the fact that of course, you need to be able to click cards. He just said "Good pt." and it ended there. Apparently it's gonna happen. I also asked Lederer the same, and he said they may have it coming up soon also.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was talking to Seidel, and he said that he thought TD was in the works. I mentioned the fact that FTP would have to go through some interface changes due to the fact that of course, you need to be able to click cards. He just said "Good pt." and it ended there. Apparently it's gonna happen. I also asked Lederer the same, and he said they may have it coming up soon also.

[/ QUOTE ]

if ftp is going to do an interface change, maybe they could get rid of the stupid avatars and cartoon graphics while they're at it.