Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: I Used The Whole Time Clock On This River

I don't see what is so tough about your decision. You have to pay 2 to try to win 8 or 9. That means you you need to be good 1 in 5. Button surely doesn't have trips. SB might have you beat, but he could also have a 5 that you chop with, or some other random crap.

As others have said. Bet the turn.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what is so tough about your decision. You have to pay 2 to try to win 8 or 9. That means you you need to be good 1 in 5. Button surely doesn't have trips. SB might have you beat, but he could also have a 5 that you chop with, or some other random crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
The odds are a lot worse than that. He may have to pay 3 and even when he wins he will be splitting this small pot most of the time. I lean toward folding this one (not positive it is correct though). And yes definitely bet the turn.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:30 AM

It looks incorrect to be slowplaying trips here. I think that error is more important than the river decision IMO.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:34 AM

im just going to say whats been said already that the turn check sucks on a board with both a flush and straight draw against a SB and very loose limper.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:20 AM

i think its an easy call with the turn check considered.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:43 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a bunch of people have said easy call but provided no justification. would you like to be the one to explain to me why its so easy? fwiw i still think its a fold because both opponents have us beat some portion of the time
Old 11-28-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a bunch of people have said easy call but provided no justification. would you like to be the one to explain to me why its so easy? fwiw i still think its a fold because both opponents have us beat some portion of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't see why anyone has him on a 5 for calling once and checking the turn. Sometimes someone is full, other times they have KQ AK K7 blah blah blah. Had you bet the turn, I think you can make a case for a fold.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:50 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't see why anyone has him on a 5 for calling once and checking the turn. Sometimes someone is full, other times they have KQ AK K7 blah blah blah. Had you bet the turn, I think you can make a case for a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

neither player is aggressive, and i doubt either is tricky/smart enough to think that no one has anything and take a shot like a check-3bet. one of them slowplayed something. i can admit the button will often have AK, but KQ is not likely. people do not often slowplay pairs but will slowplay a boat like this.

i think people dont realize the effect of a parlay like this one. both players very well might have us beat (though they are dependent on one anoter and that's important), and we will only win the % of times beat beat the SB TIMES the % of times we beat the button. if it's 50% and 33%, thats not good enough.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:55 PM

The fact that we chop most times we don't lose makes our odds much worse as well.

Surf
Old 11-28-2005, 02:02 PM

I would tend to raise the flop. Represent a vulnerable hand to mess with SB and the loosey will still call 2 with pairs, aces, and a bunch of other hands. After calling you just have to shut him out on the turn anyway (plus plenty of turns can kill your action).

Turn check is very bad. SB has something but is afraid of the Q. Button is 75/5. At least one of them is calling, often both. Don't think Button is betting very often.

River looks like an easy fold to me. Elaborate slowplays from multiple on-the-passive-side players = you're toast (and the odds aren't good).