Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Echotrade

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It means that you got lucky?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I'm not (just) trying to be a smartass. I've been asking you and other traders here how your methodologies work, so I can better understand trading.

I've made it pretty clear on this forum that while I disagree with the Efficient Market theory, I do agree with the Random Walk theory, which is that historical price movements can't predict future price movements. In fact, I'm skeptical that short term price movements are predictable from any data.

But I'm trying to keep an open mind. Share with me your success stories so I can better understand. If I agree that you can produce high returns with reasonable risk by trading, I'll shutup (hell I'll probably join your side as I am a greedy SOB). If I continue to disagree and harp on the irrationality of what you, well I'll just be trying to help you figure it out before you blow up like Neiderhoffer, Jesse Livermore, and all those other great traders.

[/ QUOTE ]

So guys like Ed Seykota and John Henry are just on a massive multi decade heater?

Peace,

KennyBanya
Old 11-17-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Echotrade

[ QUOTE ]

So guys like Ed Seykota and John Henry are just on a massive multi decade heater?

Peace,

KennyBanya

[/ QUOTE ]

There is always someone on a heater for a decade or so, but John Henry isn't it. Henry's been trailing the market for a long time.