Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Another \"moving up\" question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm generally 6 tabling (3 20-2 and 3 15-1) when I play...and thx for the advice so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'll bite. If you're 6 tabling, how is it you've only got like 100 tourneys logged so far? Have you only played SNGs for like 9 hours or something?

If so, shouldn't that tell you something about how much this sample size means with respect to your actual level of play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only started to keep stats for the past 2 weeks. And yes, I've only played 10-12 hours worth (of tracked SNG's). Before keeping stats I was a winning playing in the $10-1's.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm generally 6 tabling (3 20-2 and 3 15-1) when I play...and thx for the advice so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'll bite. If you're 6 tabling, how is it you've only got like 100 tourneys logged so far? Have you only played SNGs for like 9 hours or something?

If so, shouldn't that tell you something about how much this sample size means with respect to your actual level of play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only started to keep stats for the past 2 weeks. And yes, I've only played 10-12 hours worth (of tracked SNG's). Before keeping stats I was a winning playing in the $10-1's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, listen. Move up. You've got the bankroll. If you're doing poorly, move back down. Either way, the fact that youve been a winning $22 player for 40 tournaments does not matter in the least.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:57 PM

<--
Old 08-12-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<--

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't decide whether I like this ReadTheFAQ guy more or Downtown's Handy Response Form v.001.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:18 PM

read the faq guy is definitely less versatile.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:28 PM

Move up to whereever you want. If you don't like it move back down. If you start off on a heater then all is good in the world.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:21 PM

I feel like everyone said what I wanted to say, except why not cash some out? Enjoy the money, honor your first big multi score and cash out 1000$, go buy an IPod or something.

Besides that, I agree with the mixing 20s and 30s idea...I'd steer clear of the 50s...if you do start playing a lot, your stats will undboutedly drop off and emotionally thats when its a little harder to play solid -- and that will hurt you dramatically and quickly at the 50s.

Edit: Other option (if you play a lot) is to play 20s during the day and 30s at night/weekends. Games are harder during the days as a general rule, your bankroll will appreciate it.