Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Theres still tons of fishies on mid limit games

I just had to post this cause it's so funny. I was playing 15/30 today and was getting ripped, I mean literally, I think I had KKs like 4 times and 3 times it lost to a fish who called 2 or 3 bets with a hand like Q5s(45o too!). I remember this guy who made it 3bets to me with a Q5s against my KK and he flopped a flush. For some reason all the loose aggressive players seem to hit flush or 2pair on the river since they call too much. How can players who play on mid limit still make mistakes like this. I checked his WTSD% and it was over 45%, something like 50% actually. Is this too high? I'm guessing 35% should be about right. Also with players who see the river this much should we play tighter alot more and do more traps against them? Just curious what's the best way to attack someone who sees the river this much.

Another funny thing I forgot to add. I raise ATo from the CO and he makes it 3bets to me with a Q2s on the SB, so I call. The flop came something like 7K2r, I check and he bets with his Q2, I check raise. On the turn it came 3, I check again hoping he folds a hand that I can beat. He bets and I check raise him again, he calls. River was a 6, I bet first and he actually called. I thought my play was very strong, I would definitely have made someone folded their duece if he knew what he was doing.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Theres still tons of fishies on mid limit games

?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:03 AM

I hope I'm not falling for a troll post here, but as a general rule when you get cr'ed on the flop and turn heads-up the likelihood that one pair is good is more than enough to call down against most overly-tricked heads-up donks. . . "On the turn it came 3, I check again hoping he folds a hand that I can beat." That sentence rules. . . .
Old 09-09-2005, 10:21 AM

I've been playing straight forward on the table and was playing tight aggressive. Everyone showed me respect either than 2 players who was hitting every single hand and went to showdown more than 50% The person I was playing with however is calling everything, and winning them all too. I guess I should have just called this to the river and see if I can hit, no point of check-raising to semi-bluff someone who's not willing to fold 2nd or 3rd pair. The only hand I can really beat here is a smaller pair or another A with a smaller kicker. It's just amazing how he can play 15/30 and reraise me with Q2s! I'm definitely saving his name for next time.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:12 AM

Why do supposedly solid players insist on trying to bluff calling stations?

[ QUOTE ]
How can players who play on mid limit still make mistakes like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-09-2005, 11:34 AM

Nice bad beat stories, what a fish!! Keep em coming!
-James
Old 09-09-2005, 11:38 AM

That's what I am trying to figure out myself. I did realize something about players who play calls/call-call too much. I realise that they are very loose but when they do raise it's a legitimate raise. I use to always think they're bluffing cause they're so loose but it's real tough to beat them if you don't have a pair. Since they're playing any 2 cards they'll hit the board alot more often than someone who's tight.

Don't be scared against these players and always value bet until they raise you. A or K high is almost ever good unless the flop comes something like 766. I think to play against them you have to play as loose on the flop as they do.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:40 AM

That's what I'm saying...even a 3/6 player understand hold'em. I'm guessing the guy was rich cause he was just tossing money around. The funny thing about loose players is they tend to catch lots of miracle hands. I'm sure there's times that they don't but when they're hot it's almost no way to stop them.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:45 AM

By the way, loose *smart* players are real bold, they'll call sometimes as little as 3rd pair, so if you have top pair just keep betting it down or you can always check-raise them. I guess you can consider them loose passive cause when they do raise you on the rounds they usually have a real hand.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:17 PM

Was this live, and you posted in between the blinds and the button?

JOEYBITCH has nothing on you.

~D