Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Dont slowplay its that simple (LC)

I would have slowplayed the second one.

Small pot, hard for villain to justify a call if I bet, a free card might give him a pay-off hand, my hand is basically unbeatable, etc.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:04 PM

Say the guy to your left is really LAGGY post flop. Then I might just call on the turn if there are callers between the two of you, then go for a c/r on the turn and trap everyone for two bets. Don't know just a though, sometimes if you have the right reads a slowplay here could get you a lot of bets.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:11 PM

As I said, I didn't say never to slowplay this provided the right reads. I'm just saying that if the only difference is more callers I don't see the argument for slowplaying. If the table is loose you might as well play your hand as fast as possible. A lot of players, even though piss poor (meaning worse than me) will recognize the slow play and get out of your way.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes slowplay, and it's not that simple

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. There is no 'never' in poker.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:23 PM

I post this specific hand because it was the 4th one in about an hour and a half with a Trip flop. In the previous ones, I saw how these guys react to that situation. Fold to any bet on the flop, then agression on turn and river if they have a PP, or pair up or even an Ace. I couldn't see any other way of extracting chips so....
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (2 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Tc 8s (four of a kind, tens).
UTG has 5h Jh (full house, tens full of jacks).
SB has 9d Kh (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 14 BB. </font>
Old 09-14-2005, 04:27 PM

I'm OK with this based on your estimation of the table, but I think it's close. You aren't afraid of any free cards, which is +slowplay. The pot is small, which is +slowplay. But there are 3 opponents which is slightly -slowplay. It would be best if the pot were HU.

In this case, I'm fine with the slowplay. I especially like how you stepped on the gas on the turn when you saw action. Good reaction. Waiting for the river would have been less +EV then reacting on the turn like you did.