Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Confidence Boosting -- 10/20 Hand #4 (of 4)

[ QUOTE ]
The turn 3 bet gives information, folds buttons overcards, and often allows him to get to sd cheaper by a turn or river check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like your analysis of the flop/turn plan except for the gain information part. Really the only hand you gain information about is the button's, but if he has a good hand you are paying 2 bbs to find out. The bb will nearly always just call the flop 3-bet if button drops and will let you know what he has on the turn. I think Schneider's plan was to get to sd as cheaply as possible while not letting the button draw to overcards, and you hit this right on.

I don't like the turn check, however, regardless of the card that hits. The range of hands the bb will check raise this flop with is fairly large and will include nearly all of his one pair holdings, most of which the OP has beat. I would be looking to protect my hand with a turn bet no matter what card hit (except maybe 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).