Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: 99 in big pot

[ QUOTE ]
hi NL,

if the typical opponent plays 99 by calling down (and thus presumably a T as well, as well as that plus ossibly more with an overpair) shouldn't he ought to play 66 this way?

corollary - how would you play 66? I would like villain's line if that's what he has

[/ QUOTE ]

1010 is possible and so is a big pair.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hi NL,

if the typical opponent plays 99 by calling down (and thus presumably a T as well, as well as that plus ossibly more with an overpair) shouldn't he ought to play 66 this way?

corollary - how would you play 66? I would like villain's line if that's what he has

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you play 66 that way? Its terrible. I would lead the flop, but whether you lead the flop or check and cold call on flop or check/3bet the flop, you absolutely have to bet the turn. If you check, the bet is going to come from one of the guys who was aggressive on the flop (probably button) why would you CR and knock out BB and Kurosh? Not to mention that by checking you risk button taking a free card (which it looks like he would have done given the fact that he folded to Kurosh's bet).
Old 10-28-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hi NL,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure TT is possibly but I would strongly discount it along with 66. A big pair is highly unlikely due to lack of PF cap and even moreso lack of flop 3bet.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just lay this one down

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you putting him on? does he really cold call the flop with a 4? what hands with a 4 in them does he call 2.5 cold PF? I think 66 is about the only thing we are losing to and I dont see why he would take this line with 66.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this free showdown/semibluff raise happens often enough at 3/6 to make it a call down. An unknown can have A4 K4, 44, J4, really any two at 3/6...and most unknowns wont raise here without the nuts.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hi NL,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure TT is possibly but I would strongly discount it along with 66. A big pair is highly unlikely due to lack of PF cap and even moreso lack of flop 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

people play bad. obviously this is poor way to play those hands. but ive seen worse. this is, regardless, a very strong play.

fwiw i would call down but im paranoid.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just lay this one down

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you putting him on? does he really cold call the flop with a 4? what hands with a 4 in them does he call 2.5 cold PF? I think 66 is about the only thing we are losing to and I dont see why he would take this line with 66.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this free showdown/semibluff raise happens often enough at 3/6 to make it a call down. An unknown can have A4 K4, 44, J4, really any two at 3/6...and most unknowns wont raise here without the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa whoa, this is 3/6? for some reason I assumed it was at least 10/20. turbo muck.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:55 AM

This is probably nitpicking: Does he really "probably" have hearts or random crap? I think a set or a ten is pretty likely at this point. I do think he's FOS often enough to calldown if we've only seen him for a short while.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just lay this one down

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that Braz and Kurosh are playing 5/10 right now, don't know how much of a difference that makes here.

I'd lean towards folding personally. This looks more like a ten or an overpair like JJ. KNowing how aggro kurosh and braz are, I can see some random idiot calling from the blinds with a lot of hands since they would probably percieve both kurosh and braz as lags or whatnot. I don't see this play happening with 88 or 77. I really think that we are beat here
Old 10-28-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably nitpicking: Does he really "probably" have hearts or random crap? I think a set or a ten is pretty likely at this point. I do think he's FOS often enough to calldown if we've only seen him for a short while.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, by probably i just meant often enough to warrent a calldown.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:28 AM

This looks like a clear fold to me. I think we are ahead virtually never and with two outs tops when we are behind, an immediate 13 to 1 isn't good enough for me. As an aside, n my opinion the fact that an unknown calls a raise in the SB at 3/6 tells me virtually nothing about his hand range.

Cartman