Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 02:54 PM

Default fold costed me half the pot

hero posts on the co with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. mp1 calls mp2 calls, folds to hero who checks, sb calls bb checks. flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. sb checks, bb bets, mp1 raises, mp2 coldcalls, hero cold calls , sb folds , bb calls. Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. bb checks, mp1 checks , mp2 bets , hero calls, bb folds , mp1 calls. river 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. mp1 donk bets, mp2 raises, hero folded (ugh). mp2 had qt, no flush. What do you think about that fold there, and also just the call on the turn with the str8 and flush draw?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: fold costed me half the pot

I think you know you whoopsed this one up pretty good. Preflop check is alright and the flop cold call is right (I'd prefer to build a pot rather than protect the hand since 2 clubs are going nowhere here and you beat anything else). On the turn it's time to pop, though. Raise all day. Cold call on the river, though. If you 3-bet and MP1 comes over the top you're going to be trapped for even more. On the flip if he folds when it's two back to him, you've made no profit. Call and let him overcall.

PS - Check out pages 149 and 201 of SSHE.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:19 PM

I think your fold was terrible (don't take that personally, everyone's done it once).

Also, why did you just call on the turn when you made your straight? If you were too scared of the flush to bet raise the turn, then you seriously need to reevaluate your game. So to answer your question, I don't like your turn call either.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:20 PM

raise that turn buddy
Old 07-05-2005, 03:23 PM

I revising my post back to the first one. I would have called the turn bet from MP2 to close the action and to try to get overcalls from BB and MP1.

MP1's river bet was strange, but the pot was big and I think you were getting about 6:1 to call. Even though there was a risk of MP1 3-betting, I think that you were probably committed to this showdown.

Next time dont give us the result straight away. Its a lot easier for people to say that you obviously should have called when they already know the result. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were too scared of the flush to bet raise the turn, then you seriously need to reevaluate your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention you have a redraw to the third nut/straight flush yourself.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:40 PM

Worst. Fold. Ever. (Except for one I made yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Raise that turn once you make your straight. Maybe QTo beleives you have a flush and folds (unlikely...who's going to fold the nut straight in a big pot just because there's a 3-flush on the board?!).