Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Big Coincidences You\'ve Experienced

My dad's father was a legionaire. He was reported MIA during the famous battle of Dien Bien Fu (Indochina Independance war). We never knew what happened to him. A few years back, the french television showed some never seen before footage of the war for the anniversary if this infamous battle. My grand mother recognized my grand father laying on a stretcher looking badly hurt. She was in shock. She got the footage and upon closer inspection, we realized that it was in fact him. She tried to get answers from the french military but his file is classified.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:02 PM

Bump. I was driving today, and a tow truck pulls up next to me. The two cars it's towing? A green '00 Taurus, the color and model I now drive, and a gray '97 Grand Am, the color and model my ex drove when we out in 1999-2000.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:10 PM

There are no small coincidences and big coincidences! No, there are only coincidences!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:14 PM

How about that there are 3 of us in my family (extended) that have the same first & last name (one has same initial), all born on consecutive days of the same month (diff years of course).
Old 12-16-2005, 07:47 PM

I was flying to Pittsburgh from DFW and my dad was flying from Milwaukee to DFW we both ended up having layovers at Chicago Midway at the same time. My dad didn't know this was going to happen so I met him at his gate and he had no idea how I was there and couldn't figure out what was going on.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:44 PM

I amm driving down the street after dropping off the gf in high school. The horn in my car hasn't worked in months.
So I say out (alone) as I hold the horn down....I'll start going to church again if god fixes my horn.
Instantly.
I got over it though.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 PM

Okay, long story, but if you can follow it, it's pretty neat.

It's the summer between my sophomore and junior year of college. I'm moving out of the dorms and into an off campus apartment but when the story starts I'm at home.

My friend from home in my high school went to a different college than me and tells me that his friend that he met at said college was transferring to my college. Lets call this guy "fred." So my friend from HS asks me if he can give my AOL name to Fred so he can ask me about the school. I say yes and I talk to Fred once online during the summer for about 30 minutes about my school(the one he is transferring to). I didn't talk to him again until the semester started.

Okay, that's one part. During sophomore year, my roomate's friend from his hometown (we'll call him jack) decides to come up and visit for a weekend of partying. Jack used to go to college but dropped out and is currently working. Jack decides he wants to be with all of us cool people up at school and transfers to my school for the upcoming fall semester.

Fast forward to the beginning of the year. I go to Jack's dorm room for a bit during a break in my classes. He has hardly seen any of his roomates yet because school just literally started and they're all busy. One of his suitemate's computer is out in the common room and he's just looking at it and sees my screen name on his AOL buddy list. Turns out it was Fred who we would meet later.

Sorta weird. Also, my school isn't small. We have over 10k undergrads.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:33 PM

"It's a Small World" Coincidence:

While growing up, I lived in Turkey for 5 years. One of my best friends in school there was a kid named Mike. Long story short, my family moved back to the States, his moved on to Indonesia, we lost touch. No big deal.

Five years later I'm in my HS English class here in Maryland and notice a new kid to the school walk into the classroom carrying a Jakarta International School gym bag. From our brief attempt at correspondence, I know that this is where Mike attended school after moving to Indonesia. Just for the hell of it, I ask this kid if he knew Mike.

He & Mike were close friends in Jakarta.

More Normal-life Coincidence:

My day job is delivering flowers for a local florist. A good percentage of our deliveries go to funeral homes and churches. On one particular route, I was going to one of each.

As I pulled into the parking lot of the church, the radio started playing AC/DC's "Highway to Hell". About 20 minutes later, as I drove up to the flower delivery room at the funeral home, the dj started up Guns N' Roses "I Used To Love Her".

Poker Coincidence:

Playing Party poker, 3/6 if memory serves, full ring. It's a particularly good table and so of course I'm running cold. A loose passive player limps, a loose aggressive player raises, a loose player coldcalls, and I 3-bet in the CO with pocket tens. Loose, bad SB coldcalls, it gets to the TAG in the BB who sits there pondering for about 10 seconds. Finally, I type in the chat box "I'm just gonna flop quads, but go ahead and call if you must". BB eventually folds, everyone else calls.

Flop: TT7.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:39 PM

Here's a blast from the past, also shows how I first acquired the fonz avatar: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...page=0&vc=1
Old 12-16-2005, 09:53 PM

Down in Jacksonville for the Florida/Georgia game. I'm staying with some friends at a resort on Amelia Island which is about 40 minutes from Jacksonville.

Go to the resort bar Friday night and end up partying with some other guys from Athens. Stayed up way to late, went back to the room, and then was kept up half the night from the noises coming from the guy in the condo nextdoor bangin some chick.

Day of the game we are searching all over downtown Jacksonville for the people we are tailgating with. We finally find the tailgate, and the guys we were partying with the night before are parked right next to it. We got a kick out of this, but then I tell them I was tired because some dude was nailing a chick nextdoor. Turns out, that was one of the guys and they were staying in the condo next door.