Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-20-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Play from the blinds: T6s

Reverse Implied Odds!!! Reverse Implied Odds!!! Check/fold the turn.

That being said, I think he's full of crap with that donk turn bet. He's prolly got an 8 of some kind. Your turn bet, which is ill advised, pretty much commits you to the pot. I'd call as well.

Disclaimer. If you keep doing this, you will lose lots and lots of money in the long run.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even betting that flop. It's an absolutely horrendous one for T6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Do I really have to say those three words again..

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads up with position? Scary board that you actually have a piece of? No bet?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even betting that flop. It's an absolutely horrendous one for T6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Do I really have to say those three words again..

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-20-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the blinds at 15/30, this is an instacall.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:56 AM

What's an instacall? I'm not talking about preflop, I'm talking about betting the flop.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh??? He got a free play in the BB.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I already posted, I'm suprised at this. Surely this flop is just as scary for him as it is you. We have top pair and position. Roughly half the time he has neither a heart nor a T, which makes it tough to call the flop bet. So I toss out a bet ~40, and see what he does. If he calls, I'm definitely not betting the turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh??? He got a free play in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking. nm
Old 12-20-2005, 12:18 PM

The thing is, again, once he calls you lose control of the hand. He is now free to fold when he doesn't improve and isn't ahead, and make life very difficult for you (if he plays it properly) on the turn and river if he is ahead. Even if he has a draw here only, you'll be checking the turn giving him infinite odds to hit any draw he might be on. And of course when say the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls on the river.. what are you going to do? It's a classic case of reverse implied odds. Even a 9 is going to be horrible to play - what if he has a jack? Maybe he already has the flush? Are you comfortable to play for more chips if you "improve"? So many difficult questions and it's just going to be an extremely hard hand to play for profit, even with position, with such a co-ordinated board on future streets - even if you are ahead right now.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, again, once he calls you lose control of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once that flop comes, you lose control of the hand. Are you calling any turn bets if you check the flop? wuwei's point - and it's one I agree with - is that this is a fine spot to go ahead and try to take the pot on a scary looking board. I think having a weak T is immaterial, as I don't intend to showdown on this board. That said, I think Scuba's T has more chance to be good than some people are giving him. I can definitely see the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] playing this way.