Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-30-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Got pulled over while smoking a bowl

All these lucky stories makes me feel the need to share the bad end of being caught.

Two days before I turned 21 me and some friends and our women rented a boat and went out for a day on the lake. We took 5 blunts and some beers and planned on having a good ol time. So we get out there about 11 in the morning and drive around, smoke alittle, drive some more, eat drink. all good times going on. Unfortunately we don't have an anchor so we have to keep the engine running to try to stay in one spot. Towards 4 or so the wind picks up and it is now near impossible to stay in one place in this manner and it looks like it is going to rain. We decided to head on back to the dock and turn in. Since we are in two cars we decide to smoke one more blunt (with one more left) on the way back. About halfway there, after pretty much finishing the blunt I am getting ready to have my GF make me a sandwhich when we hear a loud as WHOOOP. Turn around and there is a cop boat. The cop demands our bud and threaten to come on board and search so I give him the last blunt. He runs me through a bunch of sobriety tests and finally gives me a possesion charge. Luckily, I don't get taken to jail. Unluckily, the charge leads to a 400 fine plus two years on probation (which can be violated by as simply as a AI). the probation ended up costing 2000 in addition.

Moral of the story, don't smoke weed upwind from cops on a boat.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will reitierate the point that cops probably don't view your getting out of the car to meet them as an enthusiastic approach commonly used by law abiding citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this was your main mistake that threw up the red flag.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:56 PM

Who smokes a bowl while driving!?!?! Roll a joint dude it's easy to toss if you've got to and it's probably safer because it's only one hand operation once it's lit. I guess a bowl could be too but I'd think it could potentially be hard to keep going. All of the pipes I've got need to be lit between puffs unless you're continuously hauling on it.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who smokes a bowl while driving!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

*raises hand*
Old 11-30-2005, 04:03 PM

You got lucky, but you deserved to get caught for smoking weed while driving, seriously...
Old 11-30-2005, 04:16 PM

Never, and I repeat, NEVER get out of the car. Only people that have something to hide get out their car. Every place I've ever lived, if you get out of the car you have about a 99% chance they will search your car. Especially if you are under say 35 or so.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while trying to cram my stuff into my pocket

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea. What if he frisks you? Don't give him probable cause to search you like that. Keep the stuff in your car. You got very lucky.

[ QUOTE ]
cop demands our bud and threaten to come on board and search so I give him the last blunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw the blunt in the water and laugh at him.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who smokes a bowl while driving!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

*raises hand*

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I get obstructing an investigation, driving while intoxicated, resisting arrest, and possesion possibly wiht intent or something else added in. I also get to spend the rest of the weekend in jail waiting for someone to get the money together to bail me out. Probably spend time in jail for all the crap. Plus I definatly wouldn't get my probation moved from a county that drug tests once a month to one that doesn't.

If a cop every asks you to hand something over, etc. do it unless you know he cannot prove you had it. Its the same thing as locking the cops out when they come to bust a party. On the other hand, as the great Gatewood Galbraith points out, should a cop come to your door because he smells weed or something do not open the door. No judge will write a searct warrant because you are suspected of smoking weed.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cop demands our bud and threaten to come on board and search so I give him the last blunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible idea.