Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Xbox 4 impressions

i don't know how much sense it makes to keep them in short supply until ps3 comes out, but it does make sense to keep them in short supply until a good number of decent games are available

keeps demand high and focused on supply shortage, not on quality game shortage
Old 11-28-2005, 09:12 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, the Nintendo Revolution is going to kick ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been thinking along these lines as well, but my friend told me today that there will be no component or digital converter to take advantage of HD technology. Can anyone confirm this nonsense?
Old 11-29-2005, 02:41 AM

The 360 is awesome despite a retarded name. The few games I've played are alot of fun even King Kong. Perfect Dark Zero is like Goldeneye 3, I love it. CoD2 is beautiful. Madden sucks.
Later
Old 11-29-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been thinking along these lines as well, but my friend told me today that there will be no component or digital converter to take advantage of HD technology. Can anyone confirm this nonsense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost certainly no HD support for the Rev. but seeing as I have no HDTV I don't care. If you do care, and crisper graphics mean that much to you then I think the PS3 will be your solution [or maybe the 360].
Old 11-29-2005, 02:48 AM

Waiting until March to release these things would be a marketing debauchle. If they have any brains what so ever, they would release these things at Christmas. That way they satisfy not only people who are gamers, but they would also capitalize on people who are difficult to buy for, and would fall into the "I think I will buy Timmy that new Xbox as he is really difficult to shop for, and that is what all of his friends are getting" croud.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost certainly no HD support for the Rev. but seeing as I have no HDTV I don't care. If you do care, and crisper graphics mean that much to you then I think the PS3 will be your solution [or maybe the 360].

[/ QUOTE ]

I will put the last nail in the coffin, there will absolutely be no HD support on the rev, this has been announced by nintendo. It's moves like this that force nintendo out of the running for mainstream consoles. I guess they've given up on dominating the main market and just retreated to the diehards.

Note: I like nintendo.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:55 AM

The point of them releasing this thing so early was to avoid fighthing againts PS3 and Revolution (even tho this is coming out for christmas 2006 if im not wrong), but mostly againts PS3. So what's the idea of shorting the damn product BEFORE the holidays where all the kids want that thing and parents are willing to fork over 500$ for it...

Maybe they're doing this for publicity? Ive seen alot of bad pubs about them on alot of news shows here in Canada.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:02 AM

"But You Can't Come!"
Old 11-29-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will put the last nail in the coffin, there will absolutely be no HD support on the rev, this has been announced by nintendo. It's moves like this that force nintendo out of the running for mainstream consoles. I guess they've given up on dominating the main market and just retreated to the diehards.

Note: I like nintendo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's difficult for me to describe how low my opinion of Nintendo is after the Gamecube. There wasn't a single game I played on this system that I thought was excellent. All the big series dissapointed me. I seriously doubt I will buy a revolution. I'll stick to the Xbox4 and the PS3.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:35 AM

This and the PS3 are going to be some real expensive MF'ers when looking at money lost for online poker players. Honestly, I'd recommend a coke habit instead.