Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-15-2005, 12:00 PM

Default From $11s to $22s

Making the move on PP to the $22s. Played a few of them, but far less than I have at $11s.

Any major differences to note? If anyone knows of any helpful posts (push ranges, bubble play, anything pertinent to sng play, etc.) related to $22s, please point them out.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: From $11s to $22s

1 or 2 less clowns per table and a bit better bubble play, not much else.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:39 PM

I don't know but I can't seem to cash on the 22's in my last few tries. Maybe just a bad run, but I do fine on the 11's. Will try again today, seems like I double up or win a big pot early try to coast...then table gets like a rock I pick up a huge hand like QQ or KK and AJ or similar makes an all in raise...needlesss to say A hits somewhere along the way and I'm looking for an all in hand at the 50/100 level to end my misery.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know but I can't seem to cash on the 22's in my last few tries. Maybe just a bad run, but I do fine on the 11's. Will try again today, seems like I double up or win a big pot early try to coast...then table gets like a rock I pick up a huge hand like QQ or KK and AJ or similar makes an all in raise...needlesss to say A hits somewhere along the way and I'm looking for an all in hand at the 50/100 level to end my misery.

[/ QUOTE ]

HCR: get used to it. I just played what felt like one of my best sets ever, and I lost money on it. I play 8 tables at a time and I had plenty of 'bad beats', but I stayed completely cool and tiltless, and I was happy about some decisions I made.

Short term results have nothing to do with your skill level. Bad moves and mistakes do. Good players have lost over hundreds of SNG's. It's called variance.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:19 PM

You (I) don't get paid off early with big pairs at the $22s. Players are more aggro be it smart aggressiveness or retarded. Push/Fold play is a bit better. I seem to be getting called by junk that just so happen to be ahead of me. Ex. I push in the SB with 98s and get called by J2s (equal stacks, 5 handed). I really don't know what else, if I did, I wouldn't be having so much trouble there. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 02:17 PM

this happens to me all the time in the 11's. Im too much of a sally to move to the 22's.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:50 PM

If the table gets like a rock, and you have a larger than average stack (which seems likely, if you doubled up early), it seems like you should be in great shape to be stealing blinds and making small stabs at pots. It seems like you'd have a great chance to increase your stack at little risk.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the advice...I think I just need to get better at exactly that.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Making the move on PP to the $22s. Played a few of them, but far less than I have at $11s.

Any major differences to note? If anyone knows of any helpful posts (push ranges, bubble play, anything pertinent to sng play, etc.) related to $22s, please point them out.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly tougher players. I had less 1sts in the 22s than the 11s. The biggest thing you should be concerned about is bankroll management. Your variance will be greater in terms of $$$, but that should be obvious. Otherwise, just play your game.