Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

I'll just post the relevant players in this hand history. I will start be telling you that the game is 9 handed, I am the SB and Dan Harrington is the big blind. Our stacks are very nearly equal at around 120k a piece. The blinds are 600/1200.

Festa al Lago 10k Buy-In WPT Main Event
Blinds 600/1200

Seat 1 Gigabet(120,000)
Seat 2 Dan Harrington(120,000)

Gigabet posts small blind of 600
Dan Harrington posts big blind of 1200

Gigabet is dealt (Js,Th)

Gigabet calls 600
Dan Harrington Checks

Flop (Jd Th 3c)

Gigabet bets 2700
Dan Harrington raises to 7000
Gigabet calls

Turn (4h)

Gigabet bets 12,000
Dan Harrington raises to 30,000
Gigabet folds

Conversation between Dan and I during the hand, after Dan raises the turn card.

Gigabet: What do you have?
DAn: I have a very strong hand
Gigabet: I flopped Top Two pair
Dan: My hand is not that strong(referring to the strength of what I said my hand was)]

I should include the fact that the avg stack for the field is around 65k. The avg stack for my table was around 90k.

At the end of the second day, there are 39 or so players left, and I have 230k.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

It sounds like he had KhQh or something similar, but this being Action Dan it could just as well be 4 3 offsuit
Old 10-20-2005, 06:35 AM

So what do you put him on?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:38 AM

I don't see how you can put him on exactly 333 after that action, and nothing else he has beats us.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:42 AM

The way I see it, he can have 3 hands with action like this. JT, 33 or J3. KQ is absolutely unthinkable. One I lose to, one I chop with and one I win with. Why is this a tough fold?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The way I see it, he can have 3 hands with action like this. JT, 33 or J3. KQ is absolutely unthinkable. One I lose to, one I chop with and one I win with. Why is this a tough fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, did you have that Th up your sleeve, or did the dealer put two packs together? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't J4 play it that way too?

And even if only J3,33,JT did it.. there are more combinations of J3 than 33 or JT, so you've got better than 50% equity.. though i can understand not risking a huge portion of your stack to that..
Old 10-20-2005, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or he knows you are aggressive and is playing back at you. He is very tight but he plays differently in blind vs. blind confrontations. I think he could easily have Jx hearts here.

By the way, what did you have here?

[ QUOTE ]

Date / Time: 2005-10-19 18:42:00
Title: Darrell Dicken Uses the Button
Log: David Oppenheim raised the pot preflop to $5,000 from early position. Eric Weiner called in late position and Darrell Dicken called on the button. The flop came Qd-9d-5h, and the action checked around. The turn brought the 4h, and Oppenheim fired out $14,000 in chips. Weiner quickly called, and the action was on Dicken. Dicken thought for a few moments, examining the board and eventually deciding to call. The river brought the 6h. Oppenheim checked, as did Weiner, and the action was back on Dicken who announced, "I'm all in," and started to move all of his chips forward. It was nearly a $100,000 bet, and that was enought to send Oppenheim into the tank. After a long period of deliberation, Oppenheim opted to fold. Weiner then started to talk, indicating that he thought Dicken was on a total bluff. "I'm sick," Weiner repeatedly said, before mucking his hand. Was it a position bet or was Dicken holding the nuts? You have to pay to find out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2005, 07:05 AM

I had 72o, David actually bet 6k on the flop also. I was originally intending on representing diamonds, but the hearts got there instead, so I just had to make it incredibly unprofitable for them to call.

BTW, David spent 15 minutes in the tank, no one called for time, cause everyone at the table understood what an awful predicament I had put him in. He obviously had a big hand, but also understood that to make the call, he could never be wrong. Whole time he was in the tank, I was staring at the felt, with this mantra streaming through my mind. "pleasedontcallpleasedontcallpleasedontcallpleased ontcallpleasedontcallpleasedontcallpleasedontcallp leasedontcallpleasedon....)
Old 10-20-2005, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had 72o, David actually bet 6k on the flop also. I was originally intending on representing diamonds, but the hearts got there instead, so I just had to make it incredibly unprofitable for them to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't believe this. But if you say so, nh.

[ QUOTE ]
pleasedontcallpleasedontcallpleasedontcallpleasedo ntcallpleasedontcallpleasedontcallpleasedontcallpl easedontcallpleasedon....)

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding!

Regards
Brad S