Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Weak-Tight?

[ QUOTE ]
You were the preflop raiser and led a dry flop. Wouldn't raising your flop bet with KJs be complete suicide?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. PFR folds LOTS of hands to that raise.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:25 PM

Why wouldn't it be better to lead the turn and fold to a raise? By checking the turn it looks like we have a missed AK and they are value betting their T9.

If we are folding the turn after showing weakness and checking then why not fold the flop reraise?

After the flop reraise, are we expecting them to check the turn down?

I would expect to see a 9 alot more of the time than a set.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you would play 22 this fast on a 249 board when you're pretty sure the opponent has an overpair. What does that accomplish besides slowing the opponent down. Like I said I'm about 100% sure he doesn't have a bigger pair.
I think he raised the flop to test me (wasn't a very large raise) and then improved on the turn and now that I've showed weakness by calling his raise and checking the turn he's going to commit his stack. But then again maybe I've giving $50 NL players a little too much credit to make smart decisions

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'd raise because 90% of SSNL players aren't folding an overpair under any circomstances but certainly not on this "dry board." I raise because waiting till the turn to raise is a donk move that gives away your hand almost entirely to any one with a brain. I raise because it looks like top pair to your average SSNL and they will often reraise me. (Hell, look at how uncertain you are now. You WANTED to call that with your overpair. You almost did, because your average SSNL player HATES folding an overpair, especially after being the preflop raiser.)

But mainly, I raise because I like money, and I want to get more of it. I raise to build this pot and play for a big pot. In conclusion, I raise to get more money into the pot. But maybe I'm a simpleton.

Edit: I said I would play it FASTER. I raise that flop to $12 and bet 3/4 the pot on the turn.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:34 PM

bump