Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Taj $300 Stud8 trip report

Ok this fish decided to play hookie from work for a day and gamble it up at the Taj for some serious Stud8 action.

The tourney got a bit over 200 players, notables included Ted Forrest and TJ Cloutier. Started out with 3k chips and limits of 30/60 with 5 ante and 10 BI. As I am used to NL tourneys it was a bit of a shock how long tables took to break down. I was happy enough with my showing, although being rolled up twice definitly helped :0)

Brag hand 1. I'm dealt rolled Q. Multiway action ensues. On 5th I hit the case Q. Multiway jamming ensues. Unfortunately two of the fish folded 6th leaving it heads up with a probable low. I jammed away (just in case) but alas he did have a low.

Brag hand 2. I get moved to a new table and manage to throw my ante in just as I sit down. Naturally I am dealt rolled 5s. I complete and just the bringin, showing a 2, calls. On 5th I have a J and T. Villain shows three babies and checkraises me. On 6th I pair tens while he pairs his two. He bets, I raise. He check calls the river and I win the whole pot.

Ugly hand. I'm dealt 3 to a wheel with an Ace and complete third. A ten calls and the BI (same villain from last hand) calls with a 6. On 4th I get 4 to a wheel, and on 5th get an 8 low. Now the 6 raises me with 636 showing, the T caught two low cards one suited to his T. I get it into my head they're both going high and jam it, I also figured I had redraws just in case. On 6th the T catches another low card while the 6 bricks. I check call. On 7th I make a 7 low and call a bet from the T and a raise from the 6. Needless to say the 6 made a 6 high straight, while the T had a flush with a 7 low. I'm crippled and out a few hands later.

I then played a nice loose 10/20 game where at one point I had covered the buyin for the tourney. Unfortunately I then had a couple big multiway draws that I jammed the flop and failed to hit. Also for some reason the Taj had yellow chips in the rack while I was playing 10/20. Anyone have any clue what they're pulling them out for?
Old 09-22-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Taj $300 Stud8 trip report

Yellow, as in $20 chips used at Borgata? If so, rumor has it Taj may try to spread the 40 and 80 games and try to steal some players away by offering some kinda incentive or whatever. Not sure if this will actually happen, but I wish them luck. Competition is a good thing.

Jeff
Old 09-23-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Taj $300 Stud8 trip report

[ QUOTE ]
Yellow, as in $20 chips used at Borgata?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, in fact I got both a yellow and blue chip.