Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Young punk gets what he deserves :0)

Anyone in the Borgata around 4PM Friday definitly heard the commotion this caused (more floor people showed up than I knew worked there :0)

1/2 NL. I'm in late position with 77, limped around to me I limp as well. Guy on my immediate left raises to 15. Laggy young wannabe punk on the far end calls as do I. Flop comes QJ7 all clubs (eww). Punk checks, I bet 40, and get called by both of them. Turn is an offsuit 3. Checked through. River is the most beautiful 3c I've ever seen. Punk announces he's all-in (he has me covered I have 246 left). I quickly call. At this point it gets confusing. The old guy who raised preflop thinks its checked through and tries to bet $100, dealer tells him there's an all-in and lets him fold. Anyway, the punk now stands up flips over his A high flush and looking directly at me announces flush. I announce the boat and flip over my 7's. I glance down to count out my remaining chips and the dealer turns my cards over and starts pushing the pot to the punk. She apparently didn't here my call.

Anyway the punk starts claiming that since the dealer didn't hear my call she can't give me the pot. He also claims he didn't hear my call either (ya, why did you triumphantly announce the flush and look at me?). Anyway most of the rest of the table heard my call thankfully and the floor did eventually rule in my favor. Although he kept protesting for quite awhile.

The whole episode gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Young punk gets what he deserves :0)

So when the punk thinks nobody has called him, he stands up, shows his cards, and announces what he has. Yeaaaaaaaah!

Isn't the usual procedure to quitely muck your cards while the pot is pushed to you?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2005, 03:13 AM

Yeah, I know I've told you before, but your UserName kicks as[/i]s.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:57 AM

I know that when I am all in and I get the rest of the table to fold, I always jump up out of my seat, flip my cards, and announce my hand.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that when I am all in and I get the rest of the table to fold, I always jump up out of my seat, flip my cards, and announce my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

you too, huh? i think thats in the rules somewhere, though.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:02 PM

The verbal declaration is optional, but the jumping out of your seat and flipping over your cards is mandatory ...
Old 02-05-2005, 03:28 PM

You need to pay attention to what's going on at the table. There's now way the dealer should have ever been able to muck your cards. That was extremely careless of you to put yourself in a position where the floor had to rule a pot was yours despite your cards having been taken away. Those situations won't always go in your favor.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Nobody has mentioned how bad the kid's play was on the river. He hits the nut flush and, in first position, pushes! Why not bet a small amount to try and get action from the Kc and Qc that may be around? By shoving in a huge bet, he is guaranteeing that nobody will call with a hand that he beats. No K- or Q-high flush would, and obviously boats will. This was his biggest mistake of the hand, not getting out of his chair.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:25 PM

That's cool. I hate young punks.

Please protect your hand. It was awfully close to a sad story.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:45 PM

Default High Strung Borgata (Re: Young punk gets what he deserves :0))

I had a very similar experience at the Borgata. I play a ton in local card rooms in San Jose and have rarely seen floor decisions. At the Borgata, I had 2 at my 10-20 table in 30 minutes.

One of them involved me a 2 other players. I had AK in early position, raised, flopped K-x-x and kept pressing. I got one guy all in in seat 9 and seat 7 and I built a small side pot. Seat 7 and I show down and I show AK, he mucks. The dealer pushes me both pots forgetting about seat 9. When she pushed me the pots I slid my cards face down toward her, but THEY HAD NOT HIT THE MUCK (and everyone at my end of the table and then some had seen that I had AK). Seat 9 (who had KQ) starts screaming I had mucked my cards and he should get the main pot.

His rant went on for like 10 minutes even though it was clear to everyone I had won and the dealer had made a minor error (and you might I argue I did too forgetting about all-in in seat 9 and closing my cards.)

Floor decided in my favor very quickly, but high-strung dude wouldn't let the game proceed. 3-4 hands after it did finally go again, another argument broke out (thankfully not involving me). That was it, I hit the bricks and probably won't play The Borg again (and they have nasty chips).