Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Running a Tourny and then changing over to ring games....

I could use a little help.... I'm working with this bar owner about running some private tourny's on Sunday... they will be run as private parties.. then after the tourny I will be running some ring games... If food and drinks are provided for the game what is the correct rate I can charge for a 30 or 40 dollar tourn .... and once the ring games start can I charge 5 for rent every half hour??? the ring games I'm thinking of trying or 3 6 holdem 1 to 5 stud and 40 min 100 max nl 1 2 blinds.... I have been to a ton of card rooms and want to run it as a card room manger but where to I find out the best way to run the rules... Exp. If cards hit the floor is the hand dead? What about if a hand is mucked or not... I will not be playing in these games but it will allow me to see how others play and use that when I am invited to other games... any hints or places I can find card room rules will be a big help thanks...
W Newcomb .... aka. nukemextreme!
Old 01-15-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Running a Tourny and then changing over to ring games....

If food and drinks are provided for the game what is the correct rate I can charge for a 30 or 40 dollar tourn .... and once the ring games start can I charge 5 for rent every half hour???

Are you asking about the legality of charging fees, or asking what the maket will bear? I assume that such fees are illegal, but I'm not from TN, so don't really know. If you are aking what the market will bear--not much. Are you planning on having center dealers? It's hard to make money on such small tourneys. You probably can collect as much as an on-line tourney of the same size would charge. $5 is probably the very maximum you could charge for the ring games, but again that would depend on how much other games in your area charge, and how knowledgeable your players are.

any hints or places I can find card room rules will be a big help thanks...

Robert's Rules of Poker