Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Need help with AKo

According to PT I am a losing player with big slick. Possibly sample size issues, but I want to make sure I'm not overplaying it regardless. The following is a hand from a live 1/2 NL game.

I'm in late position with AKo, stack size of $600, no one relevent is short stacked. SB has not done anything memorable so far.

3 limpers to me, so I make it $15 to go. SB and one EP player call.

Flop: K74 rainbow
SB bets $10, EP calls, I raise to $50, SB calls, EP folds.

Turn: 7
SB bets $50, I call

River: 2
SB bets $50, I call

I'm interested in what people think of the flop raise. With the underbet and the call I want to cut down odds. The pot currently has $70 in it, should I have raised more/less?
On the turn I really don't like the call down, however raising just seems like chip spewing, since he was betting slightly less than 1/3 the pot I felt a calldown was appropriate.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Need help with AKo

i would raise the flop to 35. raising to 50 is absolutely find though. other than that, you played the hand perfectly. raising the turn or river here is horrible. you will be looking at trip 7s if the sb is capable of calling your raise. you need to play small pots with AK, and thats what you did this hand.