Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2003, 06:43 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default How far do you press this hand?

4/8 Muckleshoot 5 handed real late, $1 rake.

I'm CO with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG checks, I raise, Button mucks, SB(Tricky, loves to draw), BB(Drunk, stoned, Both I'm really not sure), UTG(Weak) all call

Flop (8sb):K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] X [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, I raise, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls

Turn(8BB):T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checks to Me, I bet, SB now calls "Raise IT!", BB slumps a bit, lifts his cards then calls the two cold,UTG grumbles that the SB has nothing but he can't call, I reraise, SB caps it, BB calls again

River(20BB):X [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB calls, I raise, SB calls, BB calls.
Old 07-27-2003, 06:56 AM

Default Re: How far do you press this hand?

Your description is flaud. This has to be a mis-deal with two 10 of hearts in the deck. Get the facts str8 and edit your post. You may have a none nut flush if thats what you are trying to tell us? Slow down, long term multiple raises is a looser action. Even when you play against loosers they can wake up with a hand to beat you.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:38 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: How far do you press this hand?

first, get a new setup. you have 2 T of hearts.

you dont really give a description of the SB and how he's play the turn on a board like that. what will he 3 bet or cap with here with a flush possible? would he really do this with a str8 or less? given that, im not raising the river. in fact, against some players, i wouldnt be capping the turn. though, with him not reraising the river, it doesnt look like he has the nut flush. but depending on what that turn card really is...

if it's a J of hearts on the turn...

then very nicely played.

b
Old 07-27-2003, 01:56 PM

Default Correction

The turn card was 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 02:24 PM

Default Results and thoughts

The SB loved flush draws and would call 2 cold routinely to play any two suited. The BB though somewhat in another world tightened up a lot to a raise. UTG wouldn't normally play for two, he told me later that he had a straight on the turn, but folded to my aggression.

With the turn action the BB had to have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Thus the SB's only holding that beat me was the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He has a 1 in 7 chance of having that card and would play 23 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the same as J7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. So I'm getting 2 to 1 on my raises with a 6 in 7 chance to win. The flush redraw only has 4 outs(no chance of a full house) so their is an 9% chance I lose on the river. [J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] gives me the stone cold nut]

SB acted out of turn throwing out his flush 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He was shocked by my holding.

The BB showed his cards A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Qx