Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: 3/6 6m KQs

I thought the same thing here, Evan. Also, it's not a terrible thing for us if loose blinds call is it? They're just juicing our equity with their random hands...I agree with Dids' zen comment too heh.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:30 PM

i think the preflop coldcall is extremely standard and theres no other way to play it. i also wouldnt fold when its 2 back to you. if your hand was KQo i would, but not suited.

on the flop i like a fold, but i think calling is better than 3betting. with a guy who has .7PFR hes gotta have you killed at this point and MP is still showing extreme strength after capping preflop. of course you wouldnt know since hes an unknown, but if he has any HUD stats or any reads on the BB he must have a legitimate hand. at best youre hoping that MP is overplaying AK or has JJ/TT. in reality though youre really just hoping to river these guys.

still though some very good posters liked proceeding on this flop, but i still have trouble seeing it as a +ev situation.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:33 PM

1. preflop I'm okay with cold calling, if your read is that a three-bet isn't going to get you heads up with position, given the looseness of the blinds. if you thought you could get HU, i would have raised for last action and the initiative.

2. i think there's a pretty good argument for three-betting this flop to define your opponents hands. AK slows down on the turn if you 3-bet the flop, and this gives you much better insight into when you can bet the later streets for value. if you 3-bet and the big blind either caps and leads into you, or donks the turn, i think you can fold given his extreme passivity.

3. however, i dont think a calldown is that awful. the BB will have JJ or TT or AK some amount of the time that I dont think you're spewing by calling down.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:37 PM

Only thing w/ your numbers...dont know if u replied to it, was to discount AK as well on the river.

Im usually to lazy to even type out any sort of math in IRC...when we started talking I thought BBs range could be AA-99, AK, AQs. And going from the action AA-KK, AQ were less likely. I mean basic reading of hands...I think another raise goes in w/ one of those (case can be made since they are liekly retarded as well that maybe another bet doesnt go in...but most of the time there will be more action).

I mean when I first looked at the hand, without looking into any math...it looked like the hand could use another bet somewhere (I think its good as is, but just from an intuiitive sense given flop action Id raise either turn/river). When we discussed before even putting the numbers out there the thought of raising river had already been brought up. (this was also before results came in as well).

Also imo the flop is the toughest street. You could get capped, etc. I mean, if u get capped and are behind your odds are just not there. But if u believe its not getting capped I think the call is alright. Its tough. raise/call/fold...Im not a big fan of being in this situation.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:11 PM

what IRC channel do you guys hide in?
Old 09-29-2005, 07:16 PM

Yes but K3o would be getting the correct odds to continue against KQs if you call and sb calls. Better to win a small pot than lose a big one
Old 09-29-2005, 07:17 PM

I hide mostly in #bearcave and #isrealxxxpass but we talk poker in #sstakes.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

KQo also beats Q3o a lot!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 01:48 AM

It looks like this thread has died. I rarely post results, but they are mildly interesting here. BB had JJ and my hand is good.

During this session he upgraded himself to 49.1/3.3/1.1.

I'm happy with this hand.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
During this session he upgraded himself to 49.1/3.3/1.1.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the way he played that hand, he deserves an upgrade.