Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Hand against TAG.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Villian is Toy_Chan. Stats are something like 21/15/1.6 over a bazillion hands. I'm sure he is one of you.

Krishan
Old 09-15-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Hand against TAG.

I think your fold is good, UTG is probably protecting the button from getting too out of line, why do you think checkraising the flop is the best line here though?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:40 AM

What's the reasoning behind flop CR krish?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the reasoning behind flop CR krish?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I thought too. Wouldn't the best line be to bet out knowing he'll raise to thin the field?

The hand may play out differently from here on out. I don't know, I play 1/2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your fold is good, UTG is probably protecting the button from getting too out of line, why do you think checkraising the flop is the best line here though?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get an enormous amount of information from a flop cr in my opinion. What line do you suggest?

Krishan
Old 09-15-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is what I thought too. Wouldn't the best line be to bet out knowing he'll raise to thin the field?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I need to thin the field? And if he raises, what is your turn/river line?

Krishan
Old 09-15-2005, 10:53 AM

Nicely played. Preflop a tad loose, I think.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nicely played. Preflop a tad loose, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limper was 79/10. I should have put that in the original post since it means Villians range could be slightly wider than normal preflop. I don't think it has any bearing on the hand postflop.

Krishan
Old 09-15-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get an enormous amount of information from a flop cr in my opinion. What line do you suggest?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know, it just bothers me that if you're checkraising here with say A7 and all better hands, he's right to 3-bet 88, both to protect from UTG and possibly lead you to fold some better hands.

I'm just not sure the information you glean from a checkraise is all that reliable.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really know, it just bothers me that if you're checkraising here with say A7 and all better hands,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I cr a7? I think in this situation where he has 3-bet me preflop and announced strength, the only hand that I'm going to cr the flop with is a pair of kings. Any other hand is too vunerable to let middles players see the turn cheap.

Krishan