Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: The Official Bunkfest 2005 (New York City) summer event details.

So I hear. I figure I should be okay, for the most part.

I've walked the streets of San Francisco at 3am before and I spent a week living on the streets of downtown San Jose when I was in high school (for a sociology project).

So what am I waiting for??? I found a $414 airfare from LA to JFK, leave Le Guardia to SJC for Fri 7/29 to Thur 8/4 and I've got this hotel lined up too. The whole airfare + hotel is under a grand for a week in NY... why have I not booked yet???

I think I need TT to just tell me one more time to stop being a nit and get my ass there.

Oh, and can anyone answer my Net Cafe question? Anything in the Times Square area? And how do I get from JFK to my hotel, and from my hotel to Le Guardia?

I'm excited.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I hear. I figure I should be okay, for the most part.

I've walked the streets of San Francisco at 3am before and I spent a week living on the streets of downtown San Jose when I was in high school (for a sociology project).

So what am I waiting for??? I found a $414 airfare from LA to JFK, leave Le Guardia to SJC for Fri 7/29 to Thur 8/4 and I've got this hotel lined up too. The whole airfare + hotel is under a grand for a week in NY... why have I not booked yet???

I think I need TT to just tell me one more time to stop being a nit and get my ass there.

Oh, and can anyone answer my Net Cafe question? Anything in the Times Square area? And how do I get from JFK to my hotel, and from my hotel to Le Guardia?

I'm excited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, seriously, quit being a nit and buy a damn ticket. It's boring opening this thread when it has five new replies and seeing this little "So should I stay or should I go?" nonsense.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:35 PM

TT said the same thing. I'm a fucking nit who is now booked. Why the hell did you guys let me whine for so damn long, I feel like a little girl... Someone should've just slapped some since into me so I booked 2 weeks ago. Either way, I'm going now.

I'll see you all at Bunkfest and I'm up for any side trips to Foxwoods or AC. Wish I had something useful to add to this thread... I feel like an ass.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, seriously, quit being a nit and buy a damn ticket. It's boring opening this thread when it has five new replies and seeing this little "So should I stay or should I go?" nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long he listens to

while reading it.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, one of the biggest NetCafes in the world is in Times Square. And to get to there from Kennedy take the Air Train to the A Train or take one of these private buses - they're probably easier and faster for a few dollars more.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:27 AM

Try the Beacon Hotel on the Upper West Side 75th & Broadway (1,2,3,9 one express stop north of Times Square). $165+tax. Large rooms, private bath. Nice area. Lots of reasonably price restaurants around. We stay there everytime we go to New York.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:42 AM

I already booked my hotel at 47th and 6th. I'm already loving the location.

I was also thinking about Starbucks hotspots. I can get the entire trip for $40. There is one at 47th and 8th and also at 45th and broadway.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was also thinking about Starbucks hotspots. I can get the entire trip for $40. There is one at 47th and 8th and also at 45th and broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are probably also at least 10 starbucks between these two locations.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are probably also at least 10 starbucks between these two locations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were the closest listed to me that had Hotspots. There may be more (in fact, I hear there are way more), but I don't know if they have the hotspots.
Closed Thread