Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: hmm?
I think you have the best hand on the river. 3 25.00%
I think you do not have the best hand on the river. 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: too aggressive? [Enter Mr. ICM and hand results]

[ QUOTE ]
Well don't make the mistake of looking at the results and saying "well stop and go wouldn't have worked this time.. it's not the right play"
I'm not sure the Stop and Go is right here, but i'm still leaning towards that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean that for strategy purposes (only for making my self feel better). I mean you shouldn't look at results for strategy decisions anyways as what was UTG range for the minraise and what percentage of that range, if any, does he lay down to the all-in? Without knowing that you can't properly evaluate the play, and knowing what he had and what he did with it in this case doesn't shed much insight on that.

The hard part with the stop-and-go in this case is how would you play the hand in the BB if the UTG min-raises, and sb flat calls and now you are left with the decision between folding, putting in another $16K into the $86600 pot, or moving all in for the additional $15K left.

Tough choice as the BB especially if you don't know if one or the other players UTG or SB will end up shorter than you or all-in on this hand if you fold.