Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-21-2005, 06:10 PM

Default QJ, pass the marginal?

This hand is not too interesting, so pass it up if you wish.

BB is my buddy, 43/9/1.4 -- I've seen him play small pairs very aggressive pre and post-flop.
UTG is my best buddy, 74/12/.75 -- I have a gazillion reads on him. He has bet with no hand several times and called to the river with garbage hands, 3rd pair, K-high, etc.
MP2 is a semi-decent TAGish player, nothing special. Also he's the table coach, and considers me to be a decent player.

full tilt (8 handed)

pre-flop: Hero is the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.
Flop: (5SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
checks to MP2 who bets, Hero folds

Pre-flop, I was planning on isolating UTG with a raise, but when MP2 limped, I came along too. Post-flop I considered getting this HU with the TAG, but figured the donks would come along anyhow and decided on folding. Do you play it another way?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: QJ, pass the marginal?

Looks good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 06:19 PM

Just fine to me. Nothing wrong with the limp, and the pot sucks.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:15 PM

i think i peel one off and go to the turn intending to check/fold ui
Old 12-22-2005, 01:43 AM

I think this is a little thin for a peel getting ~5.5:1, even with implied, but I would like you to convince me otherwise.

-Jaran
Old 12-22-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a little thin for a peel getting ~5.5:1, even with implied, but I would like you to convince me otherwise.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

it's cuz I suspect that the TAGgy guy is trying to get rid of me and play the donkey.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:50 AM

I raise as I expect the TAG guy to have KTs,K9s,QTs,JTs,J9s and sometimes worse hands like 66, A3 or similar.

Anyway, IŽd say we have enough equity to continue here, so we might aswell raise to protect our hand when ahead and take the initiative, which may allow us to get to showdown cheaper.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately, it's going to be too easy for the rest of the field to call a single bet, getting 6.5+:1.. You're gonna get sucked out

[ QUOTE ]
I raise as I expect the TAG guy to have KTs,K9s,QTs,JTs,J9s and sometimes worse hands like 66, A3 or similar.

Anyway, IŽd say we have enough equity to continue here, so we might aswell raise to protect our hand when ahead and take the initiative, which may allow us to get to showdown cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the 'raise' line too gotta knock ppl out if you want any chance of taking this one down. After that, I'd fold to a 3bet, or to a stop-n-go if he just calls. If he checks the turn, AND I got it HU on the flop with my raise, I'd fire again on the turn, folding to a C/R. If he respects you, he'll possibly fold even hands that beat you, and he won't be sweating you with worse hands.. Then I'd take a free showdown if he stuck around. If you took a free river he'll bet into you with anything. Put HIM in an awkward situation, dont let him do it to you.