Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Batman Begins II - The Villian?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tim Burton makes dark movies yes, but Begins was darker than the original Batman and very true to the comic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I could see that the Burton one had a lot of comedy, I mean the joker was a big satire of villains right?

Now was "Begins" true to the comic as far as his East Asian roots are concerned or was that embellished? That by far was the most interesting part of the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is pretty accurate, although interestingly, the comics never spent a lot of time on Bruce Wayne's life before he became Batman. But I'm 99% certain its canon that he trained in martial arts in the Far East.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:33 PM

I really like the first one, thought the play between batman and the joker was cool. But then I haven't read any of the comics or anything. Plus Michael Keaton is batman.

I did figure they would have to remake the first one after begins made the joker not kill batman's parents. I was hoping to hear the "Have you ever danced with the Devil by the pale moon light."
Old 12-11-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've imdb'ed it and my roomate is a huge comic book movie dork. It is going to be a remake of the first one, which is risky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea as to who is going to play the joker?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've imdb'ed it and my roomate is a huge comic book movie dork. It is going to be a remake of the first one, which is risky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea as to who is going to play the joker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it's gonna be the guy that played the nemesis who fancied Drew Barrymore in the Charlie's Angels films (I think the character was called Thin Man - hmmmm). He was also Michael J. Fox's dad in Back to the Future. Considering his performance in Charlies Angels, I say he'd make a pretty good joker in the right director's hands.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:30 PM

crispin glover?

really ???
Old 12-11-2005, 03:30 PM

Yeah! That's him! I was too lazy to IMDB.

Good choice, huh?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:31 PM

well, he was a great George McFly...don't know about the joker though, we'll see
Old 12-11-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker details the death of Joker. of course, he returns in a somewhat novel manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

The movie was great until you realize how Joker came back to life. So, soooo lame.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tim Burton makes dark movies yes, but Begins was darker than the original Batman and very true to the comic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I could see that the Burton one had a lot of comedy, I mean the joker was a big satire of villains right?

Now was "Begins" true to the comic as far as his East Asian roots are concerned or was that embellished? That by far was the most interesting part of the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is pretty accurate, although interestingly, the comics never spent a lot of time on Bruce Wayne's life before he became Batman. But I'm 99% certain its canon that he trained in martial arts in the Far East.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Batman Wiki
[ QUOTE ]

At age 14, Bruce Wayne began his global sojourn, attending courses at Cambridge, the Sorbonne, and other European universities. Beyond academia, Bruce acquired more "practical" skills. While abroad, Bruce learned all 127 major styles of combat, from Aikido to Yaw-Yan. Frenchman Henri Ducard made him an apprentice in manhunting. The ninja Kirigi schooled Bruce in stealth and the ways of the shadow warrior. African Bushmen taught hunting techniques, while Nepalese monks revealed healing arts. (In the film Batman Begins, he conducted his studies at Princeton University in New Jersey as a young adult, and learns jujitsu, ninjitsu, and multiple forms of kung-fu from Henri Ducard, who is depicted as secretly being Ra's al Ghul.)
Old 12-11-2005, 03:35 PM

nice, thanks for the info