Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Catching \'em tilting...(vlc)

Last night I sat down at a 6 man $25 NL table on party. The guy sitting to my right had built up a stack of over $140. Now obviously he must have been playing well before i sat down. This guy just exploded. He called every raise we made at the table, bluffed at a lot of hands. Within 45 minutes we had taken it all from him. With .10/.25 blinds this is a MASSIVE swing. Weve all tilted before, but i cant imagine someone playing as poorly as he did after apparently playing so well before i got there. Number 1--When you catch someone playing like this, is there a better feeling in poker than that? Number 2--How could someone tilt bad enough to justify calling raises before the flop of 8 to 12 times the blinds with hands like 85s and 10 7 off? Maybe I should just be happy about being in the right place at the right time, but I cant picture a situation occurring where you play well enough to build your stack to 6x the buy in and then lose it all in 45 minutes to people who have 1/6 of what you have...not by being outdrawn, but by being stupid. Low content here i know, but anyone else want to share a comment on this or a situation similar to it youve experienced?
Old 09-30-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Catching \'em tilting...(vlc)

[ QUOTE ]
Now obviously he must have been playing well before i sat down.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Low content here i know, but anyone else want to share a comment on this or a situation similar to it youve experienced?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I think your username pretty much says it all.

GoT
Old 09-30-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I think your username pretty much says it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meaning?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How could someone tilt bad enough to justify calling raises before the flop of 8 to 12 times the blinds with hands like 85s and 10 7 off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied odds.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:22 PM

$140 doesn't mean a lot to some people...maybe he was just dicking around, having fun, trying to get lucky and make some outrageous suckouts.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$140 doesn't mean a lot to some people...maybe he was just dicking around, having fun, trying to get lucky and make some outrageous suckouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a possibility. However, I doubt it due to the fact that he apparently had been at the table for quite a while building this stack...playing sound poker and then it was like the lights went out.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:30 PM

Maybe he won the $140 quickly, while playing stupid, and outdrawing. The other players there probably saw this and stuck around knowing that they would get there cheddar back+ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he won the $140 quickly, while playing stupid, and outdrawing. The other players there probably saw this and stuck around knowing that they would get there cheddar back+ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING we have a winnah!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:00 PM

Maybe he went to take a dump and his g/f, pissed about him playing so much poker and ignoring her "needs," sat down and busted his ass out so she could get some? Who tha hell knows why degenerate gamblers (no one at 2+2, of course) do anything?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]