Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Apparently I can\'t dress myself

TT, can you give some brand names of the shoes you are describing? I'm not to familiar with expensive shoes.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:59 PM

Well, I just find manufacturers differ a lot and sizes are only a rough guide at best.

If you have a regularly proportioned body, you probably have a wide safety margin. But if you are especially wide or narrow or tall or short, or long-waisted or short-waisted, you've got to really be there in person or the differences between manufacturers sizes can make a big difference to you.

Me, for instance, my arms are long. If I just go for a simple size like large or extra large(I can often wear either, too), sometimes the sleeves are too short and sometimes they're not. If I buy a dress shirt, where the sleeve length is measured, it can help me zero in on the size, but still there will be variability.

Maybe some guys aren't sure if their bodies have the average proportions, but I know my arms are just a bit long, and it's enough to make me extra careful when buying stuff.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe all of the references to all of the over-priced metrosexual jeans (sevens, etc). Jeez.

Get some normal jeans. Brand does NOT matter. The only thing that matters is how they make your butt look. Those other jeans are for suckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't reccomend taking the advice of this poster, its great advice for someone who already knows style and is looking to explore, but bad advice for someone like [censored] who is looking to polish up his act.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to go with TT on this one. You don't ask a favor from the Godfather only to end up taking the advice of Enzo the baker.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do people think of these shoes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look comfortable but not me. I could see other people really liking them though and they look good I think.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Currently it consists of 3 pairs of Levi jeans, about 25 standard black T shirts, 10 standard White T shirts (for summer), a few long sleave black T shirts which wear in conjuction with the short sleave when its cold. A pair of black skechers and a pair of brown skechers and an empire poker zip up fleece.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know whether anyone has suggested it but you should get 10 standard grey or tan shirts and 10 standard dark blue shirts.

problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, that's not bad at all. Nice work
Old 12-19-2005, 07:30 PM

Girls don't like grey shirts.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Girls don't like grey shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

Can we get some calaboration here? Grey is one of my favorite colors and I for sure would have picked up some grey button down shirts.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:23 PM

wtf. grey is fine. good winter color. grey cashmere sweater. simple crewneck. simple cuffs. you need to stop listening to people and soliciting more incorrect advice and buy what i told you to [censored]. someone needs to bang these chicks.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:57 PM

Everyone's got their own ideas. I've talked to plenty of girls who have said they don't like grey and find it dull, and gotten plenty of negative reactions to it. It can make people look, well, grey. Washed out and dull. Professorial or reeking of office wear. Grey is not your go-to color. Most people see that enough at work every day. If you want to catch someone's eye, using the dullest color on the pallete is not the best way to go about it.

I'd suggest getting colors that go with your skin tone and eyes or hair, and that have some personality to them. You don't want to look like a mortician.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 PM

I'll throw down some quick ideas:

Penguin and Ben Sherman both make some nice shirts.
Clothes from The Gap are horrible quality. Unless you are really on a budget you should not buy anything there that you plan on wearing to try and get chicks or impress anyone.
Camper have some really nice shoes.