Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Phil busts this hand

[ QUOTE ]
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hand #9173942-8741 at Bhipak (No Limit Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 28/Oct/05 09:30:53

Animus is at seat 0 with $12133 (sitting out).
rowofducks is at seat 2 with $31746.
Green Plastic is at seat 3 with $45537.
kid55 is at seat 6 with $20386.
PhilHellmuth is at seat 8 with $8962.
MrBallbreaker is at seat 9 with $4671.
The button is at seat 9.

rowofducks posts the small blind of $50.
Green Plastic posts the big blind of $100.

rowofducks: -- --
Green Plastic: -- --
kid55: -- --
PhilHellmuth: -- --
MrBallbreaker: -- --

Pre-flop:

kid55 calls. PhilHellmuth raises to $450.
MrBallbreaker calls. rowofducks folds. Green
Plastic folds. kid55 goes all-in for $20386.
PhilHellmuth goes all-in for $8962. MrBallbreaker
folds. kid55 is returned $11424 (uncalled).

Flop (board: 7c 3c Ad):

(no action in this round)

Turn (board: 7c 3c Ad 6c):

River (board: 7c 3c Ad 6c Ac):

Showdown:

kid55 shows 8c 8h.
kid55 has 8c 7c 3c 6c Ac: flush, ace high.
PhilHellmuth shows Kd Ks.
PhilHellmuth has Kd Ks 7c Ad Ac: two pair, aces and kings.

Hand #9173942-8741 Summary:

$2 is raked from a pot of $18524.
kid55 wins $18522 with flush, ace high.
----------------------------------------------------------------

PhilHellmuth: no way
PhilHellmuth: ********* donkey
PhilHellmuth: bet all my chips into 1000
PhilHellmuth: donkey mother******
PhilHellmuth: these idiots
PhilHellmuth: have NO clue
PhilHellmuth: thats not even right
PhilHellmuth: nice ******* hand kid
PhilHellmuth: mrono
PhilHellmuth: moron

PhilHellmuth: put in 10k into $1,000 with 8-8 you ween't gambling you were giving it to0 me

i love this

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 10-28-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth/GoG/KKF/Arbitrary 50/100NL

[ QUOTE ]

Kane you appear to me (based on very limited observation and reading of the 2+2 posts) to be paying too much for image. Is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:27 PM

Frigging donkey, stickin' it all in with King-jack. If I ever get caught doing that, but no, I won't.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:39 PM

but 3-betting AQo out of the blinds is an awesome play esp w/ a short stack in the hand.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good grief. That game is the best argument for turning pro I have seen. Enjoy arbitrary while he lasts. And enjoy the longhanded donkfest. The rest of you pros should get into that game with arbitrary once you have 100K extra to blow, assuming you can play shorthanded.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game is almost never a long-handed donkfest. Also, arb usually only goes really crazy against KKF. They have a special relationship. But, overall, yes. The past couple of weeks have been the best the 50-100 game has ever been. For some reason, Green Plastic, goinbroke, dawiz, Mahatma (or sane Mahatma), Bruiser, and the other handful of decent players have been nowhere to be found. KKF and Gab have been the only two regular solid players in the game.

I suspect, as always, this game will get back to normal shortly - usually short-handed and pretty tough, with spells of an idiot coming in and blowing a big chunk, then back to short-handed and pretty tough. It has never stayed like it is now for any extended time period.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo you must really be tied financially into your current company not to play that game. Or be running bad? Or sockets hurting? Or getting laid too much? What's up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, so-so, no, no. Mainly, I just don't like playing in games where I have to regularly put in $10k+ with one-pair and do tons of $25k+ 60-40 gambles. Yes, of course is is very profitable. Just beyond my gambling comfort level. I could probably make money in that game playing some boring poker, but that's no fun for me. I'd rather play a more wide-open style in 10-25 and 25-50, something I'm not comfortable doing in 50-100. Yet?
Old 10-28-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason, Green Plastic, goinbroke, dawiz, Mahatma (or sane Mahatma), Bruiser, and the other handful of decent players have been nowhere to be found. KKF and Gab have been the only two regular solid players in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOC, is 18quills good/bad ? He plays an excessive amount.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason, Green Plastic, goinbroke, dawiz, Mahatma (or sane Mahatma), Bruiser, and the other handful of decent players have been nowhere to be found. KKF and Gab have been the only two regular solid players in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played 50-100 I think 3 times. I believe 2 of those 3 times were HU or 3-handed w/ quills.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played 50-100 I think 3 times. I believe 2 of those 3 times were HU or 3-handed w/ quills.

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL. Great answer.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of you pros should get into that game with arbitrary once you have 100K extra to blow, assuming you can play shorthanded.

[/ QUOTE ]
100k won't cut it. The reason KKF gets action like this from arbitrary is that KKF has been playing extremely aggressively while running ridiculously well. Showing lots of bluffs and talking [censored] while usually having the best hand is a recipe for tilting someone. People do stupid things when it gets personal; arbitrary is not going to give sick action to someone obviously playing on short, scared money.

[ QUOTE ]
GoG you have had a lot of success playing hyperaggressively shorthanded against less aggressive opponents. Have you adjusted to your satisfaction now your opponents are matching your aggression and rope-a-doping more?

[/ QUOTE ]
Normally I would say yes, but I had my largest loss ever last night in a great game. My main problem seems to be not having the best hand. I will get back to you when I figure that one out.

The Diablo won't play this game with me because he knows I would bluff him out of every pot.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Normally I would say yes, but I had my largest loss ever last night in a great game. My main problem seems to be not having the best hand. I will get back to you when I figure that one out.

[/ QUOTE ]

GoG,

Just wondering if you would care to explain ur bluff last night with the missed draw, I believe you had KT of Dia, ur opp called u with a spiked set of J's he hit on the turn, u pushed the river. Board was something like 448JA...with 2 diamonds, you dont' have to but just wondering for my curiosity, sry I don't have the HH so I can't be more clear.

JZ