Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-27-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: 50-100 hand

[ QUOTE ]
CAn someone tell me why a turn c/r AI is not being seriously considered here?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a perfectly fine line, especially against a very aggressive player, but I chose not to take it this time.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you tell me why the river heart is such a great card to bluff on?

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of flush draws with a pair or straight draw I could have, and the board pairing makes it harder for him to call with two pair if he's not full. I would have been screwed if KKF had been semibluffing with a heart draw, but at the time I didn't think he was.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:54 PM

i used the term "3 bet" in an email to ciaffonne and he told me it was a limit term and that he didnt know what i meant, asked if i meant reraise lmao
Old 10-27-2005, 05:07 PM

Please forgive my intrusion into the smart zone. For those who know me I am a lowly tournament player who doesnt play too much cash, and I just got lost in the forest and wound up in this thread.

Now, knowing in advance that the opinion of a tournament player aint worth a hill of beans, I want to share my thoughts on this hand, as I did discuss it with someone for quite some time.

The problem with the check raise allin is pretty much the same, but to a lesser degree, as the problem with an open push on the turn...just way too much risk for the pot. Also, with all those draws out there, i am not so sure you want to be giving HIM the opportunity to draw out as well.
Let's also not forget that betting out very well may take the pot down instantly, which is always good when u dont have too much (yet).

So I like the lead out, and the issue becomes what to do with the reraise. Its clear that if you DO flat call you are gonna be either betting a lot or pushing on the river anyway. So what if you reraiase allin on the turn?...Forget what uve represented for now (probably an ace), but ..what can he call with on the turn, given the action so far. Now when we went over this my frined and I thought there were really only 2 hands he could call with that were also represented by his earlier actions, T9 AND t8. I am sorry but all this talk about whther he can call with AK and all these aces seems a bit superfluous, as I really think its unlikely that he could have one without either rerraising preflop or at least raising the flop. I really think an ace is extremely unlikely here. (but again, not a cash game player so be eay on me when wondering how i can be so dumb).

So the funny thing here is that he chose option 2 which was flat calling and then pushing the river, which is also ok, because now he cant even call with the t9 anymmore, although now he can call with all those made flushes and possibly with some made straights and 8s...
I think this is incredibly close between the way he actually played it and going allin on the turn after the reraise. I wonder what GAG would do if his turn bet was smooth called?

Anyway, glad to be on the board finally after too long away...GREAT HAND GUYS.

sheets
Old 10-28-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Results?

ding