Old 09-21-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Neteller accounts

Neteller's been just fine for me.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:41 PM

never a problem in two years.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:47 PM

and if there is a problem, no worries! Their customer service is brilliant.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:25 AM

neteller's great... its basically the same as paypal and i would say its probably more trustworthy than most of the poker sites out there in that its definitely not going to bankrupt and steal your money any time soon. the only drawback would be the high commission rate, 8.9% vs. paypal's ~2% but that only hits you when you are depositing into neteller from your bank account. in other words, once you have money in the system, you can go from neteller to poker site and back for free (and transactions back to your original bank account are also free).
Old 09-22-2005, 03:39 AM

hey grim,

When my Neteller account was in Canadian funds, and I was in the midst of a massive bonus whoring run, every cent counted.
As I recall, if I withdrew money from one poker site, and then tried to transfer the exact same amount (in USD) to another site, it would tell me I didn't have that amount in my Neteller.
This means the exchange rate for Neteller is not the same as for the poker site.
As far as I know they do not take commission but I believe their exchange rates aren't optimal, thus the difference in USD when converted to CAD and back to USD.

This was my experience anyway.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:53 PM

Neteller takes 1.8 or 1.9% for every currency conversion. I'd relaly like a way around it. My neteller account is in CAD, and to withdraw 1000 from a poker site costs me $20. It's not trivial, I don't like it.

Someone suggested to change neteller account to USD. WOuldn't I still have to perform the conversion when withdrawing to my bank account? I don't see getting around it, this is what really sucks about neteller!
Old 09-24-2005, 12:28 PM

MJ,
I used Neteller for the first time about a month ago. I had the same feeling you describe. I called them to ask about some of the delays, etc. They gave me reasons that seemed a little lame at the time, but finally, all transactions were completed to my satisfaction.

I finally decided that they have security features in there protocol that might seem a little shady to you and me, but actually add to the quality of using their service.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neteller takes 1.8 or 1.9% for every currency conversion. I'd relaly like a way around it. My neteller account is in CAD, and to withdraw 1000 from a poker site costs me $20. It's not trivial, I don't like it.

Someone suggested to change neteller account to USD. WOuldn't I still have to perform the conversion when withdrawing to my bank account? I don't see getting around it, this is what really sucks about neteller!

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep your Neteller in USD. The trick is, when you want to withdraw, withdraw to your bank account from a party skin (party, empire etc...). There is an option to do this and they don't take the 1.9% that Neteller takes.

I'll be making a cashout at the end of the month and I usually just deposit the money into Party or Empire from Neteller and withdraw it to my bank account from there.

edit: Also for the OP, I've been using Neteller since Feb. 2004 and haven't had a problem yet.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep your Neteller in USD. The trick is, when you want to withdraw, withdraw to your bank account from a party skin (party, empire etc...). There is an option to do this and they don't take the 1.9% that Neteller takes.

I'll be making a cashout at the end of the month and I usually just deposit the money into Party or Empire from Neteller and withdraw it to my bank account from there.

edit: Also for the OP, I've been using Neteller since Feb. 2004 and haven't had a problem yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh, thanks for the post. I'm going to do that in future.

G.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:35 PM

The only thing that's sketchy about neteller is how scary those questions they ask you are.

1. Who's better: Batman or Superman?

Guy- Batman

Neteller: I know you like Superman better.

Guy- No I don't.

Neteller: Don't lie to me John. I know you wet the bed when you were 6 and lived in Mapleton.

Guy- How could you know that? I didn't tell anybody.

Neteller- I know all your secrets John, I'm always watching. Did you know you can use Neteller points to register in money giveaways?