Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-17-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Another post about a girl

Okay a series of events of led to this situation with girl A. I am currently kind of looking for a girlfriend and not some girl I bang if that factors into any judgement calls. She is attractive, 19, cool, and a virgin. I am in a fraternity and she lives in the sorority next to us.

The first time I met this girl I met her at like my college's pre-final party in a park. I'm sure many of you all know what I am talking about. I do not remember meeting her, which I am not surprised.

Fast forward to this fall, the entire greek community came early to get ready for rush stuff. I see this girl talking to some guys in my house, and immediately want to go talk to her. She is very much my type physically speaking. Anyways, I introduce myself a she immediately responds, "That was pointless, we have already met before and I bet you don't know my name this time either." I am kind of thrown off by this but make a joke about me being jackass and we hit it off. I figure if she remembers meeting me once while wasted than at least I made an impression. Anyways, we quickly become somewhat good friends and she asks me to do stupid stuff like walk with her to class. I am purposely taking it slow as not to be too pushy and turn her off. I ask her to our fall homecoming formal and she says yes. Well anyways, another guy in my house finds her attractive as well and tells me he intends to cock block me by swooping in and stealing her (he is a pimp). I tell him, "Good luck sir, may the best man win." I am somewhat nervous though cus I know how drunk girls can get and the following weekend (this is like 2 weeks before our formal) I am going to be gone for the next 2 weekends doing a pracs study (like you test out medication for generic drugs and get paid $$$). I figure though, if this girl likes me she isn't the type to go get wasted and [censored] like 3 guys in one night so I have nothing to worry about. Well, I go to my study and get done and sure enough my friend and this girl fooled around. Now, I am somewhat dissappointed but this isn't a very big deal at the time (can't let no bitch break yo' heart that you ain't f*ckin'). Turns out though she thinks this guy is kind of a creep and she goes out of her way to tell me that nothing happened between the two of them between them. I basically tell her it is none of my business what she does with other guys.

Formal day comes. This girl shows up looking very very amazing. We go to the formal and I buy her some drinks (I'm 21, yay!) and we are hanging out and being pretty touchy/flirtatious. However, this girl (girl B) that I hooked one of our pledges up with is giving me the eye all night. Girl B is also very attractive and she is incredibly cool. Girl B in many ways is > than Girl A. Before the formal girl B also told me, "I am only coming to this thing to see you." Anyways, once I get on the dance floor girl B quickly takes me aside and starts grinding on me and eventually we start making out and I take her home that night. Girl A is not too happy with this but she realizes she has no grounds or right to be upset so this did not affect our friendship.

Well nothing ever really works out between me and girl B and a few weeks later (roughly like 5 weeks ago) I find myself hanging out with girl A again. We are all hanging out around my friends bar and we decide to play some drinking games and this girl realizes her beer is in her car. She then turns to me, makes eye contact, and asks, "does anybody want to walk with me to my car to get my beer? I don't want to go by myself." Well I am not stupid and I tell her that I will go with her. She then grabs my hand and says, "lets go".

Now, my friend made this big tray of jello shots and a bunch of us took a lot of them. I dont have approximate numbers but it was enough that I don't remember any of what I am about to say, it is just what I can piece together from the haze that was that night. Well later that night I am playing beer pong and she is my partner. We finish our game and I ask her if she wants to play another. She says yes but that she will need my help carrying the beer down. I agree to go upstairs with her. From this point on I don't recall what happened. I remember us sittin down on my friends couch, us talking, then us making out, and my friend walking in. Then I woke up in bed. When I woke up in bed I had one of those "How the [censored] did I get here?" feelings that I'm sure many college students can relate too. Now I didn't remember kissing this girl at all the time (later on I had a drunken flashback where alot of this comes from). So I start talking to her on AIM and I ask her how her night was and she responds, "you should know" and I go, "well I kind of don't remember anything after beer pong" and she goes "we did alot more than play beer pong" and I am sitting there asking myself, "what the [censored] did I do last night?" Well once I make it clear that I don't remember what happened she shuts up about it and has never mentioned it again. I, however, do now remember these events.

Well the next weekend she went home to see her parents and then several things have come up and didn't get a chance to hang out for like 3 weeks until the beginning of December. My fraternity and her sorority had a Christmas formal dance together. I never asked her who she was bringing and she never asked me. She wound up bringing a girl (as a lark) and I brought a friend of mine who I have known for a long time (just a friend). Anyways she (as standard) looks amazing and is incredibly drunk. She is very excited to see me and pulls me onto the dance floor. We are dancing and being pretty flirtatious. Then all of a sudden we are like face to face and I have her in my arms and we are like 1/2 inch away from kissing and she gets the deer in head lights look and turns away and goes and grabs her girl friends and brings them into the bathroom. At this point I am confused and then BAM, it all hits me about what happened after the beer pong game. Anyways nothing happens between us for the rest of the night.

That was like two weeks ago, and then finals hit. Like she told me she wanted to see me before she left and we made a date to go get some coffee but it didn't work out and I didn't see her before she went home for the holiday break. Anyways, I have been doing a lot of thinking and I like this girl. She is very much my type and I am looking for a relationship (which she would be as well), not some girl I bang on a regular basis. However I have been considering that I might have gotten myself stuck in the evil "friend-zone".

Considering the series of events this semester that have led until this point should I consider this girl a possiblility for a girl friend?

If you think I should then, how would you guys go about making a move here? I was thinking about calling her maybe once or twice over the break and then the first weekend bring up us making out (since I really don't recall what occurred or if this upset her) and see what happens.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:49 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Another post about a girl

Old 12-17-2005, 04:01 PM

I have no idea what that means.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:04 PM

tl;dr = too long, didn't read.

there should be some required reading before posting in OOT, maybe just a spin up on the lingo, so people don't post some horridly verbose essay and wonder why everyone's saying tl;dr and YSSCKY and SIIHP.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:51 PM

I think if U can figure out weather or not to hit U should not hit it.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He likes a girl. He took her to formal but ended up with another girl. They met 3 weeks later for beer pong. He drank a lot and did stuff with her but didn't remember. It was awkward. They get together again and as he is about to kiss her she turns away and runs into the bathroom. He's worried he's in the friend zone. OP also is retarded for making this post too long so only 2% of people will read it. This is all.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-17-2005, 04:07 PM

We should start charging these frat boy sissy mary's for advice. 100$ per problem sounds about right.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as he is about to kiss her she turns away and runs into the bathroom to slit her wrists

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 12-17-2005, 04:19 PM

I guess since I made a girl post, I'll be true to my other girl-post-making brothers.

[ QUOTE ]
Well anyways, another guy in my house finds her attractive as well and tells me he intends to cock block me by swooping in and stealing her (he is a pimp). I tell him, "Good luck sir, may the best man win."

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF??? I thought the cool thing about being a guy is that you don't have to deal with stupid girl drama...and I don't mean girl-related drama, I mean drama caused when people act like girls. This guy is a douche. Are frats seriously like this??

[ QUOTE ]
Well later that night I am playing beer pong and she is my partner. We finish our game and I ask her if she wants to play another. She says yes but that she will need my help carrying the beer down. I agree to go upstairs with her. From this point on I don't recall what happened. I remember us sittin down on my friends couch, us talking, then us making out, and my friend walking in. Then I woke up in bed. When I woke up in bed I had one of those "How the [censored] did I get here?" feelings that I'm sure many college students can relate too. Now I didn't remember kissing this girl at all the time (later on I had a drunken flashback where alot of this comes from).
I, however, do now remember these events.
At this point I am confused and then BAM, it all hits me about what happened after the beer pong game. Anyways nothing happens between us for the rest of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. So, at the time the beer pong thing happened, you woke up in bed and had no recollection of anything that happened that night? Then, when she got the deer in headlights look, you remembered that you guys made out? Cause from what she said, it sounds like you did more than make out. Do you still not remember?

I don't see how you think you're in the friend zone here...there's been romantic/sexual tension between you two at pretty much every step of your relationship. I don't know if bringing up you guys making out is a good idea, since she's obviously pretty sensitive about the fact that you didn't even remember afterwards. She probably really liked you when it happened (and most likely still does), so you being like "um, so yeah, what happened last night?" afterwards probably stung a little bit. You might have some trust to earn back because of that incident. But, she probably still likes you, and you should ask her out after break.