Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Home Game problem

I'm playing a home game with my mates tonight. The only problem is I've only ever played FL/Micro-Limits and they want to play NL.

It's only £20 Buy-In, and I want to be there cos it' a social gathering rather than a money making opportunity. But at the same time, £100+ is always nice.

You have 20minutes to give me advice on hw not to crash in the first round (tournament) before I have to set off.

jd
Old 12-23-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Home Game problem

How deep are your stacks in terms of BBs? Are the blinds gonna be raising every X amount of hands?

If the stacks are deep(~100BB) and the opponents are bad, I like making a lot of small raises PF w/ a variety of hands PF. I like keeping the pots really small against bad players when I have vulnerable holdings. Ummm...play like a sLA-P
Old 12-23-2005, 04:17 PM

Fairly easy...I think. play fewer flush and straight draws. If there's a flush or straight draw on the board, bet big enough to prevent the proper odds for the others to stick around hoping to hit. Standard opening bet is 3-5 BB. Some like to start at 3BB and add 1BB for each limper already in the pot. Pay attention to position just as you would in FL, go for blind steals but be careful if you get played back at. Stick to high card strenth with or w/o suitedness, dump little suiteds/little connectors most times. Don't limp too often or you'll bleed your stack away.

Edit: Are you playing NL ring or a freeze out winner take all?
Old 12-23-2005, 04:26 PM

We are yet to agree specific structures. When they've played in the apst I understand 2nd and sometimes 3rd get Buy-In and a beer, with winner taking the rest

I guess stacks will not be too deep.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:29 PM

Unless you have some super loose raisers in the game. Do not call raises with "trouble hands". AJ, AT, KQ (sometimes), KJ, KT, QJ, QT -when they are off suit.

Your implied odds are better so you can get a little loose playing suited cards from LP in unraised pots.

The blind structure in regards to how much you have is a big factor in proper tourney strategy.

IMO go put down your money have a good time.

Play a game you feel comfortable with. I say play tighter in EP then you do in limit but looser in LP. But most of all enjoy it. NL tourney strategy is not something you can learn in 20 min. With what you know from limit play about tight aggressive play/pot odds/equity you should be at least decent against most recreational players.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:31 PM

cheers guys
that literally was a 30min in NL

gtg

I'll post later how I did. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]