Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 02:17 PM

Default What to do...(first post)

So, I've been lurking here for a little while. I just finished SSH and it has greatly improved my playing. I've been playing for a little over a month, lost $50 at Pacific Poker in about a weeek, can you smell something in the air? Decided to deposit another $50 at Paradise and got SSH after reading some reviews. I'd like to think that I'm a break-even player now, and I'm slowly grinding my backroll back up to $50 playing the nanos.

Enough of that, I played this hand this morning, and I was wondering what your take on it is:

Paradise Poker Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, (All-In) calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero??.
By now, I've put this guy with either a Q or a set of 9s.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

Normally I would have folded Q7o, but I was in the small blind and so many players were folding pre and post flop that it would make getting top pair proffitable. I'll post the results soon, but I wanted to know what you guys think.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: What to do...(first post)

I would muck this. It's a small pot against two opponents. Sure if you hit your queen you are likely in decent shape but you aren't going to hit your queen and win often enough to be profitable.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:24 PM

I'd definitely fold preflop. As it played, I'd 3-bet the flop and bet the turn and river. After you check to him and show weakness, he could be betting with as little as ace-high here.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:26 PM

Since MP2 is going all in, I'd be inclined to 3bet the flop and lead the turn to charge BB for whatever he's drawing with. That money will be money in your pocket. You can't fear the 9 or a weaker Q just yet. On the river you can now at best hope to chop with any other queens, and the flush came in. I'd probably call and hope to see a PP.

[ QUOTE ]
After you check to him and show weakness, he could be betting with as little as ace-high here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that a good thing though?

Fold preflop.

What stakes are you playing? .05/.10 i hope?

Mp2 is all in, BB Calls, I guess you called?
WHY DID YOU CHECK CALL THE TURN?

Bet the turn. BB Raises? he may have trips/Might have higher queen so im leaning towards folding.

If BB Calls, bet the river too(Depending on card) or you could check/call if he bets... Im not sure about this.

Then pray BB doesn't hold Q 9(or higher).
Old 09-16-2005, 02:28 PM

What stakes were you playing?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After you check to him and show weakness, he could be betting with as little as ace-high here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that he bets it, yeah, but if he actually had ace-high he'll also frequently check it behind. And if he's willing to bet it chances are he'd call it, too. Are you advocating that we slowplay our TPMK on the turn?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally I would have folded Q7o, but I was in the small blind and so many players were folding pre and post flop that it would make getting top pair proffitable. I'll post the results soon, but I wanted to know what you guys think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Save this limp for when you've had a lot more experience under your belt. Right now, it's probably going to hurt you more than it helps.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, as it means he could have anything and we haven't a clue what he holds.

So now we're spewing against a Q 9+ or againt any 9.