Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Does anyone play exclusively mtts?

[ QUOTE ]
This summer instead of being a normal college student and getting a summer job, I played poker for a living. I made almost all of my $ off of MTTs, and it was a pretty good amount of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. MTTs are putting me through college at the moment since my financial aid couldn't cover it all.

I just hope my winnings don't mess anything up and make me ineligible for more aid next year.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:04 PM

I typically play 3 tables of 100-200nl along with 1 MTT table. sometimes I'll play 3-4 MTT's and no ring. Sometimes I'll play just 1 table. id say my br is about 50/50 ring/mtt.

MTT's are very swingy, so it helps to play Ring games and pad your br a little bit, throwing away 1k in a day just on MTT's and only cashing for 300 or so can annoy you. Newer players to MTT's like myself need another source of income to pad the BR. If i get good enough i may just play MTT"s excusively, but I love ring play and i think i have a good mindset for it.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:35 PM

true

Stipe
Old 09-16-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hell yea ansky. screw 'summer jobs'.. i made more in June alone than my friends that got 'real jobs' did all summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, same here. But all my friends keep trying to get me to buy all the beers, "Come on, you made more than all of us combined this summer." ha.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MTT's are very swingy, so it helps to play Ring games and pad your br a little bit, throwing away 1k in a day just on MTT's and only cashing for 300 or so can annoy you. Newer players to MTT's like myself need another source of income to pad the BR. If i get good enough i may just play MTT"s excusively, but I love ring play and i think i have a good mindset for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many tournies are you playing that are over 1k per day? i assume they're all in the $50-150 buyin range? i've been playing mostly at stars and party for tournies, and the occasional happy hour at empire, but what other sites offer good daily tournies in the $100+ buyin range?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone here play exclusively mtts (no cash games or SNGs) and make a good roi?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mostly ring games (used to be SNGs) and just play MTTs for fun. If I only played MTTs, my bankroll would not be pretty, as I've just in the last week gone positive on my 2005 mtt roi. Also, though, I'm a bad poker player [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 06:05 PM

I'm with Ihate, Limit is my cash cow, MTTs are for fun.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Ihate, Limit is my cash cow, MTTs are for chicks and fat cash .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

seriously though, most of my roll came from MTT luckboxing and it's sapped away at it ever since.