Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Does anyone play exclusively mtts?

Does anyone here play exclusively mtts (no cash games or SNGs) and make a good roi?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Does anyone play exclusively mtts?

I used to be exclusive limit.. then exlusive SnG's.. now for the past month and a half i'm exlusively MTT's.. think i'm gonna stick with these.. (but not exlusively for too much longer, too easy to get burnt out playing 300 a month) I've done pretty well w/ just these.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:50 AM

I pretty much play exclusively MTTs, including supersatellites, and single table satellites.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:34 AM

I primarily play MTTs, although not exclusively. I play SnGs to help stabilize the bankroll until a nice win comes in. I also mix it up and find other games if I think they're good. (Currently I'm fond of low stakes no-limit Omaha 8/better, because so many players don't understand hand strength at all, and they can-- and will-- make mistakes for all their money.)
Old 09-16-2005, 11:53 AM

My ROI for MTT's is currently very bloated, the MTT's I play in are a goldmine, always have overlay, and are comparitively easy to be relatively consistant in due to horrendous blind structure and sheer amount of fish/donks. I try my best to stick to MTT's, they are easily my best area it seems, or at least the area I am most comfortable with, and although I've made a decent amount off cash games, the swings associated with trying to play solid poker in NL cash games get into my head much more so than any horrendous chain of beats I can experience in tourneys. The only time I "tilt" in tournaments is when I -make- a bad play knowingly, I'm extremely hard on myself, but even then it very rarely negatively affects my subsequent play (unless I am not at the keyboard because I am punching my wall and it auto-folds).
Old 09-16-2005, 11:57 AM

This summer instead of being a normal college student and getting a summer job, I played poker for a living. I made almost all of my $ off of MTTs, and it was a pretty good amount of money.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:58 PM

hell yea ansky. screw 'summer jobs'.. i made more in June alone than my friends that got 'real jobs' did all summer.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:59 PM

exactly - its not like being a waiter would look good on your resume, but getting enough to start investing before you even get out of college = great
Old 09-16-2005, 02:05 PM

Yes, exclusively MTTs. I will occassionally dabble with the satelites to some of the Supers and Weekend Specials on Party.

I have to figure out my ROI. I figure it is nearly 100% for the $100 and up MTTs. What really inflates your ROI is a great finish and if you consistently play Satelites and get in for 1/2 price.

I am sure there are several players that have >200% ROI on this board. It doesn't take much when you take down a Saturday night Special on Party.

Stipe
Old 09-16-2005, 02:08 PM

Well just because you win the seat from satelite doesnt mean you're getting in for half price...like if you win 1000 in a $100 MTT that you bought into it's a 900% ROI... and if you win 1000 in a $100 that you won a seat into from a $10 satelite.. well it's still a 900% ROI.