Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Vegas - 6/2/ - 6/9

Heading to Vegas week of June 2 to June 9. Playing a couple of WSOP events, but mostly going for the side action. I plan on heading to the Bellagio for most of my play. What kind of games can I expect there (good, bad, sizewise, etc.)? For instance, how are the 15/30 and 30/60 games and how would you expect them to be during this period of time? Also, do they have a 20/40 game? Any other places I should consider for these mid limit types of games?

Sorry if I should've posted this in the B&M forum, but I am guessing responses here will be better and more accurate.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Vegas - 6/2/ - 6/9

I'll be there at the same time, but I'm not leaving until the 14th. My first WSOP trip, i'm stoked.

I'd be interested in hearing how the series effects the ebb and flow of the live games, and how Wynn being open will effect the Mirage and the Bellagio, unfortunately as I have no WSOP experience, I'm afraid I can contribute nothing to this thread...but I'll be lurking...

lf
Old 05-13-2005, 06:09 PM

Yeah, i'll be there then... possibly the whole month of june, but i'm not sure yet. just like lil fellar, i have nothing to contribute, but am also interested in what games will be like around that time.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:12 PM

I f you are not in a game by 2PM good luck waiting for 30-60 all day. Maybe the wynn will help with the crowd
Old 05-13-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I f you are not in a game by 2PM good luck waiting for 30-60 all day. Maybe the wynn will help with the crowd

[/ QUOTE ]

a critcal piece of advice....thanks.......(although when i play b&m, I tend to get there early and play until very late (or early)....I'll sit for 20 hrs straight i'm so pumped to be playing with real people
Old 05-14-2005, 03:35 AM

I will be there from the 2-13th playing a few events and some side games.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:59 AM

hey there,

From my past experience last year the action did seem pretty good at the bellagio during the series...but mainly at limits 80-160 and above. The 30 game at the bellag is a f*%$king grind... a lot of semi-pro/good locals. The 15 game was better as there are usually a lot of middle age part time players. The higher limit games were full of tournament winners and other very loose pre-flop players that just like to throw chips around (which makes playing in these games tough if you don't have the roll).

If your looking for a 20-40 game the mirage is your best bet.

I'm interested to see what the action will be like at the Wynn and the Rio. I've never even heard of a pokerroom at the Rio but I'm guessing there will be one during the series.

Like what others said, get on the list ASAP because it will be huge...sometimes its better to just go play low-limits and get Sh#$faced. Thats always fun.

Hope this helps... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2005, 05:33 AM

I have been playing the 30-60 Bellagio every day. There are usually two or three bad players in each game, and the locals are nothing special. Mirage has 20-40 and 40-80 going. They are good games too. Just play and you'll see. Change games if its no good, you'll be fine.