Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Let\'s Hope the Skins Remain Profitable

Party's actions in the past week seem to indicate that they are trying to reclaim customers lost to the skins and attempt to force players to rejoin Party's site in order to take advantage of the bulk of the traffic.

The only thing the skis have going for them is rakeback (and maybe bonuses), but I think Party will allow rakeback for the time being in order to lure the big MGR producers back to Party. I mean they've already allowed 10 tables, which was designed to appease the same group, so rakeback seems like the next logical step (or something similar to rakeback).

Anywho, I think it's essential that the skins remain open for business and are able to carve out a nice profit to remain a threat to Party. Party has shown that they will pull the plug in a moment's notice on rakeback. If Party were to offer rakeback, reel in loads of lost customers, and then the skins were crippled, Party might not hesitate to pull the plug on rakeback with the skins out of the picture.

Best case scenario for us 2+2ers is for Party to offer rakeback, and Empire and Co. to counter with big bonus offers ($700 bonus anyone?) and remain at least a small threat to Party. This scenario is beneficial for everyone: whores, rakeback players, etc.

That's my .02 anyway.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Let\'s Hope the Skins Remain Profitable

I guess the skins are waiting to hear what Party is going to do. I'm an affiliate at EuroBet and they got back with me Tuesday (only 3 days after I e-mailed them) and say, We are reviewing our strategy. Well, good idea. Hopefully when they finish reviewing they will bump up their percentages. For a site that survived on rakeback losing 50,000 players, or whatever the number is that Party took with it, I would think they would come up with a quick plan to try to lure rakeback players as Party continues to stumble. Also, Empire and MultiPoker and Intertops and EuroBet have the opportunity to put something together. They are on the same platform and have decent, beatable games for the time being. Many other sites I'm sure are also reveiwing how they can lure thousands and thousands of multi-table players to their tables.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are on the same platform and have decent, beatable games for the time being.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you even logged in to Empire? The games blow. 2 maybe 3 to the flop. Every one is a TAG after 3 hours of 3 tables walked away down 40bb. I hardly played any hands most of my loses were from fighting over the blinds.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you even logged in to Empire? The games blow. 2 maybe 3 to the flop. Every one is a TAG after 3 hours of 3 tables walked away down 40bb

[/ QUOTE ]

Sample size!

To counter that with some equally bad data I was up 60 BB yesterday playing 2/4 at empire.

Seriously though, what party did blows but the skins are still very beatable right now and I get rakeback!
Old 10-12-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Empire and MultiPoker and Intertops and EuroBet have the opportunity to put something together. They are on the same platform

[/ QUOTE ]

technical question:

the actual poker platform : who owns that? I was thinking that Party is still running the whole thing but they split the skins onto a seperate "network". IF this is correct:

1 - how long are the skins able to use the Party platform?
2 - do their contracts expire at different times?
3 - what do they do when the contract runs out?

Thanks,
FishNChips
Old 10-12-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's Hope the Skins Remain Profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't. They already aren't.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:51 PM

Empire has already intimated that it wants to shift all its players to noble poker, they presumably are still paying Party a commisiion for using the software/payment processing.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:02 PM

They won't.
A HUGE marketing plan to bring the players back is on the way....
Old 10-12-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire has already intimated that it wants to shift all its players to noble poker, they presumably are still paying Party a commisiion for using the software/payment processing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, if this is the case, Empire is screwed. The Noble software sucks, and all the EP players who originally joined for the fishy games won't go for it.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They won't.
A HUGE marketing plan to bring the players back is on the way....

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?