Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: FWIW - Installing Additional Party Skins

After deleting Party and the relevant registry keys I installed Empire. Once Empire was installed I went in to look for the UCID key and it had not returned. Note that I did not rename any folders, I deleted everything.

Try the same steps replacing the relevant "Party" searches with "Empire".
I'm assuming it would be the same going from Empire to Party but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Let us know how it works.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:24 PM

Couldn't get a second account. Sigh.

Melch
Old 02-16-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a previous thread there was some debate re: deleting the entire calculator folder or just the UCID key within the folder. I accidentally deleted the entire calculator folder - no ill effects thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]
I recently did a clean computer signup for Empire. The calculator folder did not even exist before the install. The Empire client created the folder.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:29 AM

FYI for all the regedit folks, if you are concerned about tampering with the registry, make a copy of what you will delete(export it for the file menu) and save it like a program, you can import it later if your computer needs the missing info.
Also, does anyone know recently if you can change the email address after your account is setup? You used to be able to, but I am afraid to try(i have $ in there) and have party skins over many email addresses.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:46 AM

Anyone have an idea why I was able to install Empire a few days ago on a system with party on it without doing ANYTHING at all in terms of the registry or even uninstalling party? i was all ready to go through all these steps but figured i'd give it a shot and everything works fine.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have an idea why I was able to install Empire a few days ago on a system with party on it without doing ANYTHING

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea. It seems to be hit and miss with some people having success relatively easily and others unable to create the account. I went through all the steps above out of curiosity and had success. If I had done nothing at all perhaps I could have created the account just as easily.

I can't understand it yet. Why would there be a difference between one system and another. I'd be curious to know if the people who HAVE been able to set up the subsequent account did not receive the Party software upgrade around Jan 11th.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 02:24 AM

For informational purposes:

I was able to sign up at Empire from a computer with Party on it a couple weeks ago with the old registry tricks. No problems.

I think it's obvious that different systems require different solutions now.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:30 AM

Default A Bell Goes Off - Conflict with XP?

A question to the posters who have been able to install a second skin with ease. Are you running a version of Windows prior to XP?

When I did a search of my system PRIOR to installing Empire, I found a Party file in prefetch that I had to delete. The Prefetch folder is used by Windows XP to speed the boot process. Windows XP records information about each program that launches at boot and uses that information to boot faster the next time.

Now that I have both Empire and Party operational I went into the Prefetch folder. Sure enough both Party and Empire have several files placed in this folder (along with a few other poker sites). Again, this folder only exists in Windows XP. Perhaps it was deleting these files that allowed me to complete the 2nd install?

I know there are posters on this forum much more computer savvy than myself. Anyone have any comments on this? It can't simply be a case where the process works differently on individual systems in a random manner. It would be interesting to see what Party installed on our drives when they did their last software upgrade.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: A Bell Goes Off - Conflict with XP?

I'm not savvy either, but I have XP.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:53 AM

I had the same problem after using the redigit code a month or so ago it worked just fine and it wouldnt work now but all i had to do was create a new user in XP and do the account for there with a diff email. Quick and simple!