Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 02:21 PM

Default 20/40--flopped set

20/40 full table.

UTG raises. He just sat down 2 hands ago and posted and is }30/9/.9. CO(65/26/1.3) cold calls as does the button(45/16/1.2). I call in the big blind with 77.

Flop is a gorgeous T72 no suits. UTG bets, the two turkeys call, and its on me.

Do I make more by checkraising the flop with the 3 of them in(and possibly driving them out if it gets 3 bet by UTG with a big pair), or by going for the turn checkraise on all of them? If UTG was agressive, I would definitely try for the checkraise, as he would be more likely to bet, regardless of the number of people who called. I was a bit concerned by UTG's relatively low agression factor(i.e., he may not bet into 3 callers with AK or AQ again. The two callers could have absolutely anything from a pair to two undercards(and will definately call one more on the flop no matter what).

Should I checkraise the flop, or wait for the turn? I usually evaluate board texture, how likely to have an overpair, how draw heavy the board is etc. when trying to figure out what to do.

Jason
Old 12-06-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: 20/40--flopped set

[ QUOTE ]
Do I make more by checkraising the flop with the 3 of them in

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! Bad players call flops, not turns and they even call 2-cold when UTG 3-bets and then you can cap it.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:35 PM

thats what I thought, and did. Just wanted to be sure that line was correct. FWIW, CO called me down with king high all the way.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:51 PM

It cracks me up everytime -- how they will call 2-cold on the flop, but then fold for 1 bet on the turn, when the pot odds are better. Oh well, I guess they missed their backdoor draws or something.

That is all.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It cracks me up everytime -- how they will call 2-cold on the flop, but then fold for 1 bet on the turn, when the pot odds are better. Oh well, I guess they missed their backdoor draws or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no doubt about it, I assure you. We have a T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop and there is highly one of them that has a three-flush in this, and will do anything to see the turn.